GTA 5 On Pc

Associate
Hi I wonder if anyone can help please. I'm trying to get on to gta 5 to play the online version does anyone know what to do please thank you

Associate
There's multiple ways to get to the online mode...
When you launch the game, it should ask you during the loading screen if you want to play Story Mode or Online.
Alternatively whilst playing, pause the game and there's a whole 'online' menu section.
Thirdly you should also be able to switch to online gaming whilst playing the Story Mode by using the character swapping feature and selecting the space that doesn't contain Franklin, Trevor or Michael (I believe it's at the bottom of the wheel).

Edit:
There's also a massive GTA 5 thread if you want to link up with other people on here that play:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...important-warning-updated-in-the-op.18665862/

Soldato
I am looking at getting this too as my 5 years has been asking. I've played the single-player through but he enjoys watching these driving course videos on youtube. I take it these are just player-created mods/content?

Soldato
You want to get your 5 year old playing an 18 certificate game with constant swearing and violence?

I take it you completely missed the "these driving course videos on youtube. I take it these are just player-created mods/content?"

that's what he's interested in and gta 5 seems to be the platform that is mostly used to do it.

Associate
I am looking at getting this too as my 5 years has been asking. I've played the single-player through but he enjoys watching these driving course videos on youtube. I take it these are just player-created mods/content?
The custom race tracks are generally made using the GTA 5 Map Editor mod and played using the FiveM client for GTA 5, there's also tons of maps shared on the GTA 5 Mods website.

Soldato
I take it you completely missed the "these driving course videos on youtube. I take it these are just player-created mods/content?"

that's what he's interested in and gta 5 seems to be the platform that is mostly used to do it.

I didn't miss it, but my memory of playing GTA5 (from a good few years ago) was that to get to the player made races involved going through the main online game. It might be that I'm wrong and things have changed these days - but I'd be at least cautious about what he'll have access to if I were you.

Apologies though that my reply was flippant.

Associate
I didn't miss it, but my memory of playing GTA5 (from a good few years ago) was that to get to the player made races involved going through the main online game. It might be that I'm wrong and things have changed these days - but I'd be at least cautious about what he'll have access to if I were you.

Apologies though that my reply was flippant.
I think it's changed a little bit after Rockstar more or less kicked modding off of the official GTA Online servers, I think partly because people modded in money spawners and that rendered their micro-transaction shark cards obsolete.

Some of the self hosted servers on FiveM that are specifically for races have a lot of things disabled/changed to prevent anyone fighting or messing with the races. The more serious servers also often require registration and approval so less chance of encountering someone with bad intentions on those one, though I'd still probably sit and monitor any game if it was my kid playing online with strangers... I assume AHarvey would be doing that as well.

Back
Top Bottom