*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Associate
I didn't play much in 2019, but currently downloading all the patches now to start up again. I mainly do quests and trials, with the occasional dungeon

Soldato
Yup play it. Great game IMO, so much content available, single player, multiplayer, dungons, trials / raids etc. Lots of lore which make it a blast. Will become quickly addicted :o

Man of Honour
With the content of a full price game.

Perhaps, but there have been a lot of MMOs in the past with as much content in an expansion and not been 30+ quid. Just seems a touch excessive to me, I dont know at what point in time we reached a stage where £30+ was deemed acceptable for DLC.

The nutty thing to me is that a new player can buy ESO+Morrowind+Summerset+Elsweyr+Greymoor for £54.99, which is only £22 more than the price of just Greymoor. So asking players who already have ESO+Morrowind+Summerset+Elsweyr to then pay another £33 doesnt seem like much of a reward to a loyal existing player. Would be better if the existing player could get Greymoor for a discounted price (as a loyal player) rather than an increased price.

Associate
Perhaps, but there have been a lot of MMOs in the past with as much content in an expansion and not been 30+ quid. Just seems a touch excessive to me, I dont know at what point in time we reached a stage where £30+ was deemed acceptable for DLC.

The nutty thing to me is that a new player can buy ESO+Morrowind+Summerset+Elsweyr+Greymoor for £54.99, which is only £22 more than the price of just Greymoor. So asking players who already have ESO+Morrowind+Summerset+Elsweyr to then pay another £33 doesnt seem like much of a reward to a loyal existing player. Would be better if the existing player could get Greymoor for a discounted price (as a loyal player) rather than an increased price.

'Chapters' get downgraded to 'DLC' when the new chapter is out (and becomes much cheaper and part of the the bundle), so you'll be paying for a premium to get the new chapter right away, but that can be said about any game.

Man of Honour
'Chapters' get downgraded to 'DLC' when the new chapter is out (and becomes much cheaper and part of the the bundle), so you'll be paying for a premium to get the new chapter right away, but that can be said about any game.

I think I probably just baulked because I remember the days when an MMO expansion was 14.99 to 24.99 rather than almost 34.99. Feel free to say Ok Boomer ;)

Associate
It's £27.79 here if it helps, but yes I think it's expensive.

For comparison (I get the CE upgrades), Summerset cost me £29.99, Elsweyr cost me £39.99, and Greymoor will cost me £44.99 - a 50% increase in price in the last 3 expansions.

Man of Honour
Of course in those same day you were also forced to pay a monthly fee instead of pay to play with an optional subscription.

I don't mind the monthly fee, in fact I think , generally speaking, all of the best MMOs I have ever played were monthly fee ones. If I think of the best MMOs that I ever played, they would be Ultima Online (1997-2002), Everquest 1 (1999-2004), Dark Age of Camelot (2003-2006), World of Warcraft (2004-2007) and probably will add Pantheon to that list in the coming years. Every one of those were monthly subscription titles. Whilst I have played good non monthly sub MMOs, like Guild Wars and ESO for example, I do find that they always seem to be lacking in something.

Soldato
I really, REALLY don't want to ditch this game, I want this to be a long running game I can dip into on and off.

However I feel I get overwhelmed and sometimes put a game down never to pick it up again.

No OcUK ESO on the Discord chat?

Soldato

I agree with your, Greymoor is too expensive. So I will personally skip this one until it comes to ESO+ in 2021 for free. After all in August it will be discounted either way like all other Chapters did. Except if too many buy into it due to "Skyrim".

Elswyer & Summerset were the 2 chapters wanted to play most, Skyrim can wait. Also going to be to "serious" lacking humour, so rather do Anequina and Pellitine again from start.

Soldato
Could anyone help with graphical settings for this? I'm playing with 3700x & 1080ti. The card doesn't boost to full clock, sits at 40% usage and the FPS around mid 60s when monitor is 3440x1440 100Hz.

Is there a sneaky setting that cripples the performance? I've got it on ultra preset.

TIA

Associate
My 'Hero's Guide to the Elder Scrolls Online' collectors lore set arrived this week, so I have added it to my lore book collection.

IMG_20200130_141426.jpg

Back
Top Bottom