• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
This one, it's the version without all the extraneous stuff that Nvudia puts in the driver, including GFE.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/441-87-clean-version.421390/

Ah ok i didnt know there were seperate lite versions. I have already rolled back though and clocks are fine again after using the Clean Install option under Custom install. I had installed 441.87 over 441.66 with 441.66 being the first driver i used with the new 1660 Super i have. Is a clean install the normal way of updating drivers with Nvidia? Seems a bit of a ballache having to put my settings back in after doing this every time.

I only install the driver as i am not interested in the GeForce Experience thing, so what is different between this and the lite driver?

Cheers :)

Soldato
Ah ok i didnt know there were seperate lite versions. I have already rolled back though and clocks are fine again after using the Clean Install option under Custom install. I had installed 441.87 over 441.66 with 441.66 being the first driver i used with the new 1660 Super i have. Is a clean install the normal way of updating drivers with Nvidia? Seems a bit of a ballache having to put my settings back in after doing this every time.

I only install the driver as i am not interested in the GeForce Experience thing, so what is different between this and the lite driver?

Cheers :)

The "clean" drivers remove the telemetry software that will be otherwise installed, regardless of what you deselect in the normal driver.

Permabanned
I have been ignorant of the clean versions i must start using them asap and read that thread. Is it only on guru3d you find it and is there anything to note about it?

Caporegime
GeForce Hotfix Driver v442.01 Released

This Hotfix driver resolves the following issues:

• [Call of Duty Modern Warfare] Streaming of gameplay using StreamLabs OBS will randomly stop
  • [The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine] Game may crash when a user reaches a specific cut scene
  • [SLI+G-SYNC Stutter] User may experience minor stuttering when using NVIDIA SLI in combination with G-SYNC.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4960

Soldato
OP
Yup, sharpening is the best feature for *ages* imo!

Yeah that plus the GPU up-scaling means lower end cards can output some really impressive visuals at 4K, for example rendering at 1080P with GPU sharpening and up-scaling the end result. Honestly games look and run great 1080P to 4K.

I am so skipping 'next gen' consoles for TV gaming this time around, and sticking with main PC and HTPC combo. Best thing from Nvidia for a long time.

Means people can use their current GPU for longer too. Don't need a card that can natively run 4K on every title, just select a lower res, high settings and let the card handle the rest.

Caporegime
How does this work, say I wanted better FPS with RDR2 - it's currently running at 3440*1440 (on 1080ti). How would I push better FPS without losing image quality?

From what I gather drop the internal scaler down to 0.75 (75%) and turn the Sharpen upto 80 and you should get better fps plus visuals (works for me in Division 2 btw).

Back
Top Bottom