Wii u adaptor

Associate
Hi all I got a Wii u and daughter got a dance mat that she used on her old Wii. We would love to play it in the Wii u but there is no ports to contact the. Mat Do anyone if there is a adaptor the we could you use to contact the mat to the Wii u I see one eBay that sell a adaptor that plugs in the Wii u usb port but I told it only works with asuper Mario game. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Soldato
Hi all I got a Wii u and daughter got a dance mat that she used on her old Wii. We would love to play it in the Wii u but there is no ports to contact the. Mat Do anyone if there is a adaptor the we could you use to contact the mat to the Wii u I see one eBay that sell a adaptor that plugs in the Wii u usb port but I told it only works with asuper Mario game. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Was the mat for the Wii or was it actually for the GameCube and you plugged it into the controller socket on the side?

Soldato
Thanks for your response. The mat was for the original Wii I used plug the mat in one of the four ports on the side of the Wii.

Those ports on the side are actually GameCube controller ports, they were removed from the Wii Mini which was released later in the life of the console.

I've seen some adaptors which allow you to plug a GameCube accessory into a Wii U remote but supposedly they can be a bit hit and miss.

Do you know the name of the mat she uses?

Associate
If I remember, nintendo did release an adaptor that allowed the connection of gamecube controllers to the Wii U (because they released controllers for the Wii U version of super smash bros that used the gamecube controller connector), although finding one of the official units is going to be rather hard considering all the cheap knock offs that are available now.

Soldato
I don't think you'll get this to work on a Wii U without modding the system in some way.

The game will be expecting the dance mats on the non-existent Gamecube controller ports, those adapters will make the dance mats appear as Wii Classic Controllers. Even if you were able to find the official USB to Gamecube adapter then that only works with Super Smash Bros.

Back
Top Bottom