INTEL & AMD HIGH PERFORMANCE BUNDLES WITH BIG SAVINGS (CPU, MOBO & RAM) !!

Associate
Stock codes -
CPU AMD 3900x OEM: CP-3BP-AM
Motherboard MSI MEG X570 Unify: MB-34Q-MS
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB: MY-4CL-CS

Much appreciated. Hoping for around £750 so you have a rough idea where I want to be.
Let me see what I can put together tomorrow please let me know the ocuk codes for the motherboard and memory please.

I am guessing nothing could be done about the bundle I wanted?

Would be good to know either way so I can decide if I want to stick with the components I picked or opt for the 3900/Elite/16GB bundle.

Much appreciated.

Associate
Let me see what I can put together tomorrow please let me know the ocuk codes for the motherboard and memory please.

Hi Gibbo

is there any reason why the Wi-Fi version of either the Crosshair VII Hero or the Wi-Fi enabled Strix X570-E are never offered? I need a Wi-Fi version. Also if you bought your 8-Pack RAM already via OcUK, can the motherboard and CPU be purchased without RAM since I have two sets of the 8-Pack 3600 CL16 kits already? I panicked when they said Samsung B-Die production was ceasing!

OcUK Staff
OP
I am guessing nothing could be done about the bundle I wanted?

Would be good to know either way so I can decide if I want to stick with the components I picked or opt for the 3900/Elite/16GB bundle.

Much appreciated.

I've looked I can make a bundle and can probably save you circa £50 by doing so but won't be able to get it online right now, take me circa 24hrs, let me know.

Associate
I've looked I can make a bundle and can probably save you circa £50 by doing so but won't be able to get it online right now, take me circa 24hrs, let me know.

Hey Gibbo , thanks for looking. My max for the bundle was going to be £799. £50 would still be around £840? Think I'll look again. Maybe a better shout opting for the elite bundle at £670, chances are I probably don't realise any real world difference.

Soldato
Of the 32GB 3900x bundles is the £799 option much 'better' then the £729 option?

I'm looking to put together a complete build with either a 5700XT or 2070 super for video editing and 1440p 144Hz gaming.

Last edited:
Associate
Of the 32GB 3900x bundles is the £799 option much 'better' then the £729 option?

As I understand it the Asus board has better thermal properties & sound than the gaming X. It also has RGB lighting if it's of interest. It can support higher memory overclocks. Asus board also offers sli if important gaming X only supports crossfire.

Soldato
As I understand it the Asus board has better thermal properties & sound than the gaming X. It also has RGB lighting if it's of interest. It can support higher memory overclocks. Asus board also offers sli if important gaming X only supports crossfire.

Thanks for that ndaar. I'm interested in the better thermal properties and sound but not fussed about the lighting.

Is the CAS18 RAM a good option or would a 3200 CAS16 solution be better? I'm soooo out of the hardware game I've got no idea!

Associate
Thanks for that ndaar. I'm interested in the better thermal properties and sound but not fussed about the lighting.

Is the CAS18 RAM a good option or would a 3200 CAS16 solution be better? I'm soooo out of the hardware game I've got no idea!

I am by no means a ram expert so I will give you my thoughts but feel free to do your own research.

Ryzen is very susceptible to ram speeds and latency and can make a huge difference in FPS and application times.

Samsung B-die ram is also King overall.

As a general rule you want the quickest ram with the lowest latency that your motherboard can support.

The speed is a simple measurement of MHZ so 3600 is quicker than 3200. The claimed "Sweet spot" in terms of performance/price for AMD is currently 3600.

Latency however is both a function of speed and timing so 3600 ram with a cas18 is the same latency as 3200 cas16 ram, it just runs slower. Both have a memory access latency of 10 nanoseconds.

Hope that helps.

Associate

Sorry to mess you around Gibbo but I had a second thought and came up with an amended bundle to see if we can get the price down a touch. I changed out the Ram for 16GB and opted for 8Pack over Corsair, I thought firstly it was better ram and also you might have more margin to play with.

CPU - AMD 3900x OEM - CP-3BP-AM - £439.99
Mob - MSI Meg Unify - MB-34Q-MS - £279.95
Ram - 8 Pack 16GB - MY-08Q-TQ - £119.99

List Total - £839.93

I am hoping you might be able to get it close to my original plan of £750.

I am ready to order when ever you say it can go live.

OcUK Staff
OP
Sorry to mess you around Gibbo but I had a second thought and came up with an amended bundle to see if we can get the price down a touch. I changed out the Ram for 16GB and opted for 8Pack over Corsair, I thought firstly it was better ram and also you might have more margin to play with.

CPU - AMD 3900x OEM - CP-3BP-AM - £439.99
Mob - MSI Meg Unify - MB-34Q-MS - £279.95
Ram - 8 Pack 16GB - MY-08Q-TQ - £119.99

List Total - £839.93

I am hoping you might be able to get it close to my original plan of £750.

I am ready to order when ever you say it can go live.

This is now done, £765 is the best I can achieve sorry.

AMD 3900X Bundle - AMD 3900X, MSI MEG X570 Unify, 8 Pack 16GB 3600MHz Bundle @ £765.00 inc VAT

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X OEM Processor, MSI X570 MEG Unify Motherboard, 8 PACK 16GB 3600MHz Dual Channel memory, You need to select cooler from our website, SAVE MONEY WITH THIS BUNDLE

Only £765.00 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
This is now done, £765 is the best I can achieve sorry.

AMD 3900X Bundle - AMD 3900X, MSI MEG X570 Unify, 8 Pack 16GB 3600MHz Bundle @ £765.00 inc VAT

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X OEM Processor, MSI X570 MEG Unify Motherboard, 8 PACK 16GB 3600MHz Dual Channel memory, You need to select cooler from our website, SAVE MONEY WITH THIS BUNDLE

Only £765.00 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Much appreciated. At work at minute, shall order when home this afternoon as will get a few other bits.

Caporegime
Associate
Out of interest. Why did you want the MSI motherboard?

I didn't want to pay for lighting I didn't want. The MSI unify also scores very well for cooling, overclocking and features. The lower MSI x570 don't do as well in terms of vrm cooling etc. Unify shares a lot with the ace and godlike boards at a lower price point. If I didn't pick this board of of opted for something on the gigabyte aorus range. I'm building it to last and potentially upgrade and wanted a solid mobo as a base.

Soldato
I didn't want to pay for lighting I didn't want. The MSI unify also scores very well for cooling, overclocking and features. The lower MSI x570 don't do as well in terms of vrm cooling etc. Unify shares a lot with the ace and godlike boards at a lower price point. If I didn't pick this board of of opted for something on the gigabyte aorus range. I'm building it to last and potentially upgrade and wanted a solid mobo as a base.

Thanks for that. I'm not fussed about lighting either so that's a potential winner for me but I'd like 32GB RAM.

Back
Top Bottom