My thermal flask test thread.

Associate
OP
Man of Honour
Thank you for the contribution, but they are based in the usa and out of stock with the 1 litre model, seems to be the dogs ******** i really would buy one despite being very expensive just to test it.

Dan.

If you're serious, drop Phil a tweet or email. He's a fantastic chap, very interesting too. There's a possibility he hasn't updated the page. Met him a couple of years ago, fascinating guy, and his coffee is fantastic. ;)

Soldato
I really rate my Thermos Ultimate flasks. I've got the both the 500ml and 900ml versions and after messing around with other bottles I wouldn't use anything else now.

The 500ml comes out with me winter climbing and has kept good temperatures in some fairly brutal weather and long days. The 900 generally stays in the car for when I get back as it's too bulky to carry around.

test also include how tough they are?
surviving being dropped etc
though nowadays they probably dont have glass in them
but even so a bit of every day life abuse to see how they cope may be of interest

Mine has survived being dropped part way down the north face of the Ben. It's got a few dents and scratches but otherwise still works great.

Back
Top Bottom