Imperfect timing!

Caporegime
Id take a train over a plane anyday if it's convenient on time and not overly expensive.

So much less bs than an airport.

what is it your struggle with at an airport?

i went on like 10 flights a couple of months back. never had an issue with anything plus i like having a gander at duty free, etc.

i'd much rather be in a plane for an hour or two than a train for 2 days.

Soldato
The Netherlands is full of Dutch people.
Yeah, so what?
OK, so they're not Afrikaaners and probably can't braai too good, as well as not being likely to have biltong or droewors to hand...
But I bet they'll share some of their courage with you if you ask nicely... and they're not French or American, so what's the problem? :D

Soldato
Id take a train over a plane anyday if it's convenient on time and not overly expensive.

So much less bs than an airport.

From my first experience using the EuroStar last Nov, there is only marginal difference in terms of 'bs' but time saved for sure and everything is closer together (more compact).
You still have to go through the same security check, but even lifting all your cases including large ones onto the security convayor.
A few meters after is passport control. Then you're into a waiting room. Which is tiny and does not have enough seats for everyone waiting for the train.
St Pancreas departure area is much better than Brussels but not amazing.
When you arrive it is quicker because you've already done passport control you just walk off the train and out the station like taking any other train.

Caporegime
Oh, you mean you're a Rockspi..... nah, I won't go that far. Least not until I know ya better! :p

Oddly enough no, I'm not a rockspider / clutch plate / dutchman / whatever. I'm a legit Dutch person who just happened to have been born in South Africa and adopted the most awesome aspects of both nations.

Whackhead Simpson covered the clutchplates fairly well though:

Soldato
50-100m further out and the boat wouldn't have run aground and tipped over thus averting the disaster altogether

where she came to rest was some distance away from where she hit the rocks. given the fact that the damage had occurred, her final resting place was pure luck.

Caporegime
From my first experience using the EuroStar last Nov, there is only marginal difference in terms of 'bs' but time saved for sure and everything is closer together (more compact).
You still have to go through the same security check, but even lifting all your cases including large ones onto the security convayor.
A few meters after is passport control. Then you're into a waiting room. Which is tiny and does not have enough seats for everyone waiting for the train.
St Pancreas departure area is much better than Brussels but not amazing.
When you arrive it is quicker because you've already done passport control you just walk off the train and out the station like taking any other train.

I've done Brussels too and yes that was a bad station, cannot disagree.

Caporegime
where she came to rest was some distance away from where she hit the rocks. given the fact that the damage had occurred, her final resting place was pure luck.

It was oddly intentional. Getting her to those rocks was the only good thing the captain did that day. This is interesting:

Caporegime

i went on like 10 flights a couple of months back. never had an issue with anything plus i like having a gander at duty free, etc.

Good for you, imagine you liking all that then try to imagine somone that doesn't.

I'd also much rather be on a plane for 2h than 2 days on a train. Oh wait that's exactly what I said. Silly me.

All Eurostar services are incredibly convenient if you live in London.

Also, this is the kicker, I'm 6foot 6. Aircraft are designed to hurt me

Permabanned
I have just received the following email:I wonder who dreamed this up?

Verhofstadt <sp?> in the UK today to discuss EU citizens rights mentioned this and a UK government spokesman confirmed:

3:28pm update: Rules on document remain the same until December 31 2020

"A government spokesman from the Department for Exiting the European Union has said: “During the implementation period, which runs until the end of December this year, travel to the EU will remain the same”.

Until the end of 2020, UK passports are valid for travel anywhere in the European Union."

So calm yourself, I think you are jumping the gun a bit with what I assume is an anti Brexit post :)

As for the ad about going under the Atlantic, gee, is Ms Abbott writing them for this company? ;)

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Has anyone worked out what all this is about then, other than being terrible click bait?
Imperfect timing
You mean due to brexit?
"Travelling to the Netherlands and back is about to become easier than ever before" . . . for about a year ;)

I spent a lot of time in Amsterdam a while back . . . perhaps it's time for a return visit . . . while I can ;)

Caporegime

Did you read?

If it's time convient. I.e, if they are both similar amount of time. I would much rather be going on a train than a plane if the time and costs are similar.

It's so much easier, turn up at the station and get on the train. You turn up like 5 minutes before the train, you get on and leave. You don't have that with a flight, and much less delays. I also took like 10 flights last year and at least 3 of them were delayed. I also nearly missed one due to the faff of getting there (aka, trying to get the girlfriend to get there on time).

Back
Top Bottom