Paedophile gang not dealt with by both the Police and social services.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
There were a lot of wrong decisions made by all involved, but yes those seem the most severe. However do the lost minutes of that meeting mean no one takes responsibility?

Caporegime
Sooner everyone involved in this is prosecuted the better, police, councillors, social workers. Anyone who was complicit in non prosecution of these crimes should serve serious jail time.

So that should include every person who ever voted for a party who cut policing and social services then? Fairs fair.

Caporegime
When you have a minority committing a disproportionate majority of a particular crime don't you think it's worthy of attention and investigation? the documentary I mentioned about Pakistani's involved in drug dealing/trafficking seemed to point to a decline in moral standards, like I said it was made clear that their parents would be ashamed about what the younger generations were doing. Could it be true that young Muslims are being radicalised in Mosques? nobody knows because we aren't allowed to even ask the question.

Oh and as far as I know there isn't a disproportionate problem with Christians committing terrorism for Jesus.

Since when have they had the highest of moral standards in the first place?

Honour killings, their cricket team is banned from playing, they have had several times had athletes go missing whilst on international duty for decades.

When their country was founded they killed a lot of innocent people fleeing the country and robbed them.

As for drug dealing and their parents being ashamed I think that coincides with most people who aren't scum. So nothing special. However they have helped traffic drugs into India from Afghanistan for the past 100 years probably a lot longer. So them dealing with drugs is nothing new.

There are just as many bad ones as there are good ones. I wouldn't exactly hold them to a high moral code. They were hiding osama bin laden of all people and have conducted terrorist attacks well before 9/11.

Have you seen hotel mumbai? Similar attacks have been carried out for decades. They have taken planes hostage too before.

Caporegime
Yeah, was it not more like, you have finished puberty, so now you are an adult?

No, it was more like you have finished puberty now you're old enough to be married but you're not old enough for most of the other stuff that adults do because you're not a fully fledged adult.

If she had finished puberty, she would be called a woman, not a child.

Not true.

I genuinely think you are doing people of that age, especially back, then a disservice, the population as a whole was much younger than it is today and people from 12-16 can be really very capable, especially in those days.

I'm presenting the facts. Try addressing url=https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/33288498]the many points I've raised.[/url]

Hmmm, I'll try and find a national geographic article that talked about why a teenager (or young adult) brain is like it is, which is meant to do with being able to survive in a harsh world with no-body, other than maybe folk of a similar age looking out for you.

That will have absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the facts I've presented.

Really? Early 20's, no kids and only recently married?

It was not uncommon. Keep in mind that she was already betrothed to Joseph when she was found to be pregnant. The betrothal could have been officiated when she was still as young as 9 or 10. And as I say, she could have been as young as 18 when she was married.

Caporegime
You are judging as by today's standards.

No, I'm judging by the standards of the Ancient Near East.

A girl became a woman as soon as she had her first period and was assumed to be 12 years and 1 day.

Not quite. A girl was considered mature enough for marriage at that age, but it did not mean that she immediately got herself up the duff and was addressed as 'woman' by everyone who knew her.

Most scholars put Mary around 13 when became pregnant.

Most? Evidence please. Try addressing the points I raised in this post.

Soldato
Unless there are prosecutions against those in the public sector who willingly turned a blind eye this will just go on and on.

We need to push the climate way back in the other direction and make knowingly turning a blind eye to this abuse as despised as the actions of the actual abusers.

I honestly don't think the public at large know the details of some of these cases. I mean the torture and sheer evil is like something out of a war zone. Maybe a full scale backlash is coming. I just can't imagine other countries settling for this.

Caporegime
There's a lot more checks and balances in place now than there were in 2003, thanks to cases like Rotherham scandal, Baby P etc.

It's a bit retrograde to prosecute people that "turned a blind eye" when they didn't have the funding, resources or support to do anything about it.

Soldato
I honestly don't think the public at large know the details of some of these cases. I mean the torture and sheer evil is like something out of a war zone. Maybe a full scale backlash is coming. I just can't imagine other countries settling for this.
I don't believe the public, as a whole, truly give a ****.

Oh yes, there will be outcries, 'thoughts and prayers' on social media and a bit of posturing to go with the virtue signalling... but all that will vanish to the end pages when tomorrow's news comes out and whatever happened on Love Island is now the headline.
But in terms of backlash, I expect you'll find people are more upset over the fact that Meghan Markle is black and in leaving to escape the Brexit fallout has robbed our nation of our Ginger poster boy...

Soldato
There's a lot more checks and balances in place now than there were in 2003, thanks to cases like Rotherham scandal, Baby P etc.

It's a bit retrograde to prosecute people that "turned a blind eye" when they didn't have the funding, resources or support to do anything about it.
What about prosecuting those who told people to turn a blind eye due to leftist ideologies?

Associate
So I've read the article but not this entire thread, only the first two pages of this thread.

Lots of people blaming budget cuts and the like for the Police's ineptitude. If they had read the article they'd have noted that this was back in the early 2000's, when government spending was significantly higher than it is now and well before any form of austerity (2010 onwards).

Soldato
OP
There is a guy in my council area unmasking a lot of this corruption, and he's from the Muslim community himself.

He's previously published letters written between councillors, and the police liason officers, so they knew about these places for years.

The problem is Labour in particular rely on the voting power of certain communities and this type of subject is one that isn't brought up in polite conversation, so everyone carries on like nothing is happening.

Soldato
No, it was more like you have finished puberty now you're old enough to be married but you're not old enough for most of the other stuff that adults do because you're not a fully fledged adult.

It was not uncommon. Keep in mind that she was already betrothed to Joseph when she was found to be pregnant. The betrothal could have been officiated when she was still as young as 9 or 10. And as I say, she could have been as young as 18 when she was married.
It sounds like you are saying that if they were young they shouldnt have been having sex. So the whole immaculate conception looks even more dodgy. I cant believe that even if you think she was 18 at the youngest they still didnt have sex.

"No no we havent had sex it was god that did it." Yeah right. If its true then God basicaly had sex with a minor. Just accept it

Back
Top Bottom