is there still much difference in 4k gaming between X1X @ P4Pro?

Soldato
got an X1S and a P4S which i know only play 4k films or least the xbox does, but soon i will have a 53" 4k tv for use and thinking about eventually exchanging one for either the X or the Pro given the pricing, but which one is still deemed the better?

Soldato
I'd say go for the One X. PS4 does well enough with 1080p usually, and the difference with the Pro is usually up to 1440p or thereabouts, so not as big. Meanwhile the jump from One S to One X is from like 900p to native 4K. The only reason not to do it is if you want to better quality for PS4 exclusives (HZD, God Of War, etc.) and don't play cross-platform games as often.

Soldato
In general I think 1x is better overall.

But pro is good for playing exclusives in higher res and does a good job.

If theres nothing in the pro game list that you view as must play then the 1x is a no brainer in terms of performance.

But theres some quality exclusive content on the pro and theres always a VR upgrade to consider.

Soldato
got an X1S and a P4S which i know only play 4k films or least the xbox does, but soon i will have a 53" 4k tv for use and thinking about eventually exchanging one for either the X or the Pro given the pricing, but which one is still deemed the better?

In my experience the difference is about 20 decibels, with the ps4 being the louder console regardless of revision / version.

Graphically the X1X but it's nominal and depends on your library / exclusive title preferences.

Associate
Agree x1x best for 3rd party and upscaling some backward compatible games e.g. rdr1.

But pro for exclusives though interesting to note hzd is coming to pc....

Soldato
OP
thanks for replies.

well for the last couple months my ps4 has been boxed away as i stopped using it as i went back to xbox more, but its the Gran Turismo Edition, so i wont get rid of it unless it was for a pro and want one for eventually trying VR, so if i change my xbox to the X then i will still have all the use of exclusives of PS gaming, just not Pro enhanced. i just wasnt sure if the X was still the 4k gamer or if PS pulled something out the hat unless thats what the PS5 will be about?

sounds like the xbox is the answer to this question.

Caporegime
The biggest difference I notice is that the PS4 pro is a lot louder, you aren't going to notice much difference in terms of graphics. The biggest benefit with 4K is probably HDR anyway.

Associate
I got both, PS4 Pro is way louder, comparing the same game side x side on both consoles on an isf calibrated 65 inch 4k TV the xbox is better visually on most titles but it's far from night and day.

But..... speaking personaly other than forza the xbox has nothing for me, I'd take the PS4 Pro everyday of the week and twice on Sunday, their exclusives are way better in my opinion, GOW, Spiderman, HZD, Days Gone etc. I can't get away with the xbox ecosystem at all. Will be up for sale soon, I just don't use my 1X enough, whereas the Pro is used daily.

Soldato
The UI is what kills it for me, I find using the Xbox just painful.

I booted up my One S the other week, hadn't been on for about a year, thought maybe things have improved... They hadn't.

Associate
thanks for replies.

well for the last couple months my ps4 has been boxed away as i stopped using it as i went back to xbox more, but its the Gran Turismo Edition, so i wont get rid of it unless it was for a pro and want one for eventually trying VR, so if i change my xbox to the X then i will still have all the use of exclusives of PS gaming, just not Pro enhanced. i just wasnt sure if the X was still the 4k gamer or if PS pulled something out the hat unless thats what the PS5 will be about?

sounds like the xbox is the answer to this question.

Recommend you take advantage of Gamepass especially the introductory £1 offer!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The PS4 Pro uses fake 4K 'checkerboarding' for any graphics-intensive games it claims are 4K :D
True. Yet I have been surprised at how good Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-Man look like on my PS4 Pro and LG B9 OLED. I wonder if most of it is because of HDR or just how good OLED is vs IPS monitor. What I need to do is bring the PS4 Pro to my office/man cave and test it on my 4K monitor.

As it is from what I have seen I think PS5 and a OLED TV will be better than 3080Ti and a IPS monitor for overall image quality come Q4.

Soldato
The UI is what kills it for me, I find using the Xbox just painful.

I booted up my One S the other week, hadn't been on for about a year, thought maybe things have improved... They hadn't.
When you launch a console that requires two cpu cores to run your OS, you know someone ****** up hard during development

Soldato
I can't tell any difference visually between my Pro and 1X. The biggest thing for me is I prefer the Xbox controller and my Pro is very loud whereas my X is pretty much silent. There are stunning looking games on both.

Associate
I have both. Graphically, I think I am more impressed with the PS4 pro overall visual quality based on the exclusive titles. Cross platform titles are obviously better on the 1X.
IN fact, playing games like Spiderman, HZD, God of War, Death Stranding I find as good, if not better than my PC running games in 4K too!

Back
Top Bottom