Overclocking leads to M.2 SSD not being recognised

Associate
I'm having an issue that seems very odd, but when I overclock my CPU and DRAM via the ROG AI tuner in the BIOS, my WD Blue M.2 SSD becomes unrecognizable to my mobo, so my PC won't boot to desktop, and I'm stuck in a BIOS loop. When not overclocked the PC recognises and boots via the SSD completely fine.

My specs are;
ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU
MSI AMD Radeon RX 5700XT GPU
WD Blue 1TB SATA M.2 SSD (this is my only drive and thus is my boot drive)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz (but the motherboard natively detects this as somewhere around 2400MHz for some reason, I have to manually set the speed to 3200MHz in the BIOS)

I am using a 360mm AIO cooler for my CPU, and the AI tuner boosts my CPU and DRAM by 11% and 5% respectively.

Soldato
Can you confirm the base clock isn't being overclocked as well? Bclk overclocking can mess with other devices that need that frequency to be stable at 100. Try setting it manually just in case.

Associate
With Ryzen just leave your CPU using performance boost and get your ram set as near to 3200 as it will run.

To start with, try leave cpu default and just set docp to 3200, see if it's stable then go from there. Some CPUs IMCs wont run 3200.

Back
Top Bottom