Web site detects Pi-Hole as an adblocker

I was looking up how to SSH into one of my Pi's:

https://www.avoiderrors.com/connection-refused-raspberry-pi-4

Then about 10 seconds later, it tells me to turn my adblocker off. Usually, website like this actively search for any browser-based blockers such as AdBlock or uBlock. I don't use those, so the site has found something else on my computer. The thing is, I thought that the Pi-Hole was at the router level and is therefore incognito, so how does the site find my Pi? Anyone else using a Pi had this issue and found any workaround?

bmxlgEX.png

Soldato
OP

I try to keep add-ons to a minimum, but it seems like JavaScript is sometimes used to detect the Pi. I have installed NoScript which can turn JS on/off plus other permissions. It will need some tweaking although Overclockers, Gmail and YouTube all worked out-of-the-box. Had to enable permissions on the Pi-Hole Admin page though. So yeah see how that goes.

Associate
It is not detecting your PI.

The adverts its trying to serve to you cannot be served becuase the PI is blocking them.
This means they do not get rendered on the screen.
The generic "adblocker detected" message is a static image that is displayed by the website underneath all the other stuff it is expecting to show you.

You PI is performing exactly how you have configured it to work. One of your blocklists / settings is blocking the content the site is trying to serve.
The only way to fix it is to remove that filter and then you will see the add.

Lots of sites nowadays are written so that they will not function if you do not allow them to serve the adverts.
You have 2 choices. Alter your settings to view the adds and see the webpage or find another web page.

Back
Top Bottom