3rd Party Warranty Recommendation?

Associate
Hi All,

Looking to purchase a warranty (14 plate C class <60k mileage)

Does anyone have any recommended providers?

I’ve looked into Mercedes extended warranty however you have to have you car serviced by a main dealer as well for it to be covered plus they’re quite expensive.

Ideally I want the main things covered such as turbo, auto gearbox, etc

Associate
OP
Mercedes warranty or don't bother.

Those 3rd party warranties are worthless. They will find any reason to avoid paying up.

Fair enough, is that the case with even the large providers like warrantydirect and warrantywise? Never used either of them before.

I’ll have to see if Mercedes cover the use of approved garages as my one has access to the online service book and have been really good so far!

Soldato
Even if you get one you'll find a bunch of garages refuse to work with third party warranties. We have one that was included in sticker price (should have negotiated less) and no one local would even look until we said about not using the warranty.

Soldato
I recall having a warranty wise warranty on my old car.

Took it to a garage, as soon as they heard I wanted to use a warranty they became difficult. Something about having done work before and them refusing to pay. Having to get authorisation to carry out repairs and possibly having an assessor coming to check the work actually needs doing... Hassle and ramp space wasted.
In the end I took it elsewhere.

Soldato
I’ve looked into Mercedes extended warranty however you have to have you car serviced by a main dealer as well for it to be covered plus they’re quite expensive.
so how much does theirs cost ? ... and we'll compare againt BMW.

Associate
I had a bearing spin on a 335i, warranty direct took about 4 weeks to tell me it was a wear and tear issue with the injectors so they won't cover it.

Soldato
Those 3rd party warranties are worthless. They will find any reason to avoid paying up.

Also, people in the trade hate them.

I stopped doing "Warranty Work" for people with these policies years ago. They are not worth the hassle.

My rules are, I will do the work, You pay me, and sort the rest of it out yourself!

Soldato
I recall having a warranty wise warranty on my old car.

Took it to a garage, as soon as they heard I wanted to use a warranty they became difficult. Something about having done work before and them refusing to pay. Having to get authorisation to carry out repairs and possibly having an assessor coming to check the work actually needs doing... Hassle and ramp space wasted.
In the end I took it elsewhere.

Yes I've had this experience too, down to having an assessor come out. Never again.

Don
The only 3rd party warranty that was ever any good was the Tesco one, that was amazing but, unfortunately, too make it viable long term

Associate
OP
so how much does theirs cost ? ... and we'll compare againt BMW.

Sorry for the delay, just checked their website and it’s £670 for 1 year which actually seems reasonable even compared to 3rd party warranties.

Also checked their service plan and it’s £36 per month for 2 services over 24 months, which again, isn’t too bad!

Back
Top Bottom