The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
the second game was a real let down after the invasion happens after lvl 30, soon as that happened all my gear was useless and the enemy types are so hard to kill it isnt funny i've got around 160hrs invested in the second one but don't really play it anymore, like others have said i wished they expanded the fisrt game, i loved it to bits and invested over 1500hrs in it, got everything i could, classified sets pretty much every exotic in the game and have a stupidly op'd sheild build.

I would have preferred them to expand on #1. I absolutely loved it and invested a lot of time. Number 2 was great until they started making it less challenging to play and I eventually dropped it as well. Wish I hadn't purchased it.

I do agree though, the snow really made it worth playing the atmosphere was fantastic. Number 2 just didn't have the same feel, which was a massive shame to be honest.

Soldato
I bought this in the Epic sales, yet to install as I purchased Red Dead 2 as well and it was top of my list.

I enjoyed the first, but the grind got to me in the end. I prefer stories over stats gaining.

I take it this is just as big a grind?

Associate
I bought the game over Christmas in the Epic sale too. Just finished the main story and now have:

the Black Tusk's invasion. Only played half hour or so after that happened last night. Jeez it seems hard

Good game though, have really enjoyed it so far. I would put it on par with 1 for me.

Soldato
Anybody else getting random crashes with Event showing "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."? This is the only game that has this problem, and upon doing a bit of digging it seems that this problem is pretty widespread and is related to Windows mistakenly thinking that the driver has timed out. It's ******* infuriating, can play for hours without a problem. Then the next session it can CTD multiple times in the space of half an hour. Then it can go for days without a problem again. There's no way to replicate it in order to see if a particular fix works.

Running the latest build of W10 (1909), latest Nvidia drivers (441.87), all my other drivers (BIOS, audio, network etc. etc.) are up to date too and there are no overclocks on the system.

Have just tried a solution that entails adding a couple of entries to the registry. Will see how that goes.

Associate
I did enjoy this up to a point

what stopped me playing was a couple of factors

1. there isn't enough thought into the balancing of stats into the game and many exploits are always found due to this, which leads to massive nerfs and can have a big impact into builds people have spent hours on
2. the upgrades..man the upgrades.. you'd spend hours and hours only for a small upgrade the loot system is rather boring
3. not sure if it was because of the snow, but i find the atmosphere in Div1 to have been much more engaging in 2 everything is bright and colourful and just doesnt have the same feeling
4. the pvp .. well because of reason 1. this follows into this, and unless you use the same exploits it can put you at a massive disadvantage

all in all i wish the Devs put a lot more thought into it for me it was a rather big letdown and i dont think i will pre order next time

Associate
After level 30 it's pointless playing.

I must admit I'm probably still playing bacause my son does and I tend to jump on with him but after level 30 the gameplay was largely the same just some different enemies but they also dropped level appropriate gear.
I never got this big jump in difficulty a lot of people have mentioned though.

Soldato
If they’re going to start changing up stuff that’s been at the core of The Division then I’m out. That’s pulling a Dice/EA.

Seriously, I despair at modern game devs.

Does seem a bit naff. I remember spending months trying to better the DtE bonuses on my mask.

Frankly the grind got a bit tedious, and got bored. I do miss playing with the OCUK clan though (@labbby you still playing this?) those countless attempts at trying to take down boomer as soon as the raid was released.

Soldato
OK, this game has really got into my head now. I've just had a walk down the local supermarket to grab a few bits and bobs and actually found myself eyeing up cars and walls as good spots to hide.

Back
Top Bottom