US: Fear the Walking Dead

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Hmmmmm. I've only managed to do about 4 or 5 episodes of TWD, nevermind this. Reading this thread and I'm seriously I giving up on both of them. I've plenty of other things to watch.

Man of Honour
Hmmmmm. I've only managed to do about 4 or 5 episodes of TWD, nevermind this. Reading this thread and I'm seriously I giving up on both of them. I've plenty of other things to watch.

Season 5 of FTWD is OK - they kind of rushed the premise though and didn't capitalise on what it could have been but mostly it wasn't terrible either - I think only two instances of the stuff that has been killing the main show (where suddenly things that previously worked one way upto that point suddenly the rules get put on hold and/or changed to suit lazy writing - usually while some trite and boring monologue/exchange goes on for like 5 minutes). But totally forget about episode 9 - episode 8 ends the story and 9 they tried to be clever with and it falls flat on its face.

Caporegime
FTWD was always pretty crap mostly but seems like their budget is tiny these days.
it's almost like some low budget student indie series with a terrible plot thats almost non existent

Man of Honour
This must be one of the worst shows on TV at the moment.

It is a shame as they have some good actors and the characters themselves for the most part stand out well but the utilisation of them is terrible. The last episode though definitely up there with the worst things I've watched in my life and that was with skipping through chunks of it.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I really hate the old lets film parts off the vhs cam job, last episode made it feel really poor and not even realistic.

I get there trying to help man kind but its a bit too goody goody, this needs to end with half of them being eaten alive for the finale before going back to the old ways imo.

Soldato
I'm up to S5 ep3/4 - the one where John and June end up in the Wild West town; "Raise the axe"oh dear!

I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to bring them into the same time period as TWD - it was great during the outbreak and them trying to survive just as the world is turning to poop.

Also Morgan and now Dwight - the main FTWD cast have now taken a back seat and it is the Morgan show - which has now become a goody goody/feel good/save the world when before it was humanity and pure survival.

Also reading the above comments, looks like it's about to get worse too :(

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Also reading the above comments, looks like it's about to get worse too :(
Ready the above comments makes me glad I gave up on this, and TWD for that matter. A shame but they've just go down the pan and there is so much more I'd rather be watching than this tripe.

Soldato
I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to bring them into the same time period as TWD - it was great during the outbreak and them trying to survive just as the world is turning to poop.

It was the same with WD. As soon as they tried to make it a post apocalypse it all went boring. The first couple of seasons in each were terrifying. In fact I think FTWD season 1 was the best out of all of them. I've given up now and not watched anything in the last 2 -3 years.

Soldato
Up to Episode 10 of S5 - major issues:

Camera episodes, as above, boring and makes it look like cheap.

Biggest gripe, this has become The Morgan Show. Morgan is a good character, but I was following Alicia, Strand, Daniel etc and there have been several episodes where Alicia and some of the main cast have not even featured. **** off back to The Walking Dead and have these as 2 separate shows. In fact, nuke the last season or 2 and put them back to the start of the outbreak, that was some tense viewing!!

Anybody read anything about how the original actors feel about being sidelined?

Soldato
This is a slog! One more episode and S5 completed.

The camera thing is VERY well worn out now - every episode is revolving around that damn camera! Speeches into the camera every 2 minutes with very little zombie action.

And still heavily the Morgan show, hell, there were a couple of episodes where Daniel, Strand, Alicia weren't even in them, oh and Alicia has been resigned to reporting to Morgan and painting trees - what the actual ****?

Soldato
No-one interested in this anymore? S6 Ep1 is out.

Got to say i'm a bit ****** off - still The Morgan Show, not one of the other main characters in the opening episode :(

I'm surprised they haven't said **** it and moved onto other projects after becoming supporting actors in their own show :(

I don't care for Morgan, but did care about Alicia, Victor, Daniel, Althea etc.

Caporegime

Got to say i'm a bit ****** off - still The Morgan Show, not one of the other main characters in the opening episode :(

I'm surprised they haven't said **** it and moved onto other projects after becoming supporting actors in their own show :(

all the walking dead series just become an aimless mess.
the latest morgan episode wasn't that bad but it was basically like a side quest you would expect in a video game.

tbh they are pretty much wrote like a video game they come up with a bunch of quests then decide which ones to film, it doesn't matter if the quests tie in together and make sense or contribute to the main story because there is no mainstory.

it's just all pointless writing, the characters who cares about 99% of them? they are just like npcs from a video game.

you and your mates could probably come up with a better season concept for the walking dead down the pub in one night than the writers can manage

Caporegime

I don't understand fear the walking dead.
Like, what even is its point?

Soldato
I don't understand fear the walking dead.
Like, what even is its point?

It was great to start with, it took us back to the outbreak, so lots of confusion and trying to get somewhere to survive. Not like The Walking Dead now with endless forest shots and vegetable planting.

But for some reason the writers have decided to bring FTWD to the same time as TWD and make the main characters secondary - now we have preachy/whiney Morgan who can now walk among the dead.

Caporegime
It was great to start with, it took us back to the outbreak, so lots of confusion and trying to get somewhere to survive. Not like The Walking Dead now with endless forest shots and vegetable planting.

But for some reason the writers have decided to bring FTWD to the same time as TWD and make the main characters secondary - now we have preachy/whiney Morgan who can now walk among the dead.

Yeah, it was at the start of the outbreak for a small portion, then it quickly just descended into walking dead 0.9

At this point I find both shows terrible, but I'm invested so I'll finish them.
God knows how they're getting more spin off's.

Back
Top Bottom