Eminem - Music to Be Murdered By

Caporegime
I miss when Eminem was funny

Scheming on the first chick with the hugest boobs
Then I remembered this magic trick dun da dun da dun dun gogo gadget ****
Whipped that **** out and there ain't no doubt about it, it hit the ground caused an earthquake and power outage
Wait what if there is an explanation for this ****? What she tripped, fell, landed on his ****?
Cause if I ever stuck it to any singer in showbiz it'd be Jennifer Lopez, and Puffy you know this! I'm sorry Puff, but I don't give a **** if this chick was my own mother I still **** her with no rubber and *** inside her and have a son and a new brother at the same time and just say that it ain't mine, what's my name?

...and most of Criminal.

Whereas now he just takes everything so seriously and it's dull. And that beard has to disappear.

Soldato
In which case, lololol?

This was my reaction when i saw #eminemiscancelled trending on Twitter :D. Like crying on twitter is going to "cancel" anyone, let alone a superstar. I think people have always been offended by his lyrics, but during the early albums where he was at his most offensive, there was no big platform like Twitter to allow people to moan about it en masse.

Soldato
I really like this album, to me it's starting to sound like some of his best work. I didn't get along with 'Kamikaze' as much as others did, some good tracks but overall it wasn't something I would stick on repeat. I don't feel like it tops 'Marshall Mathers LP' or 'The Eminem Show' but it's up near the best for me.

My main complaint with this album is it gets slower, it starts out strong with a few songs but then becomes more mellow.

Man of Honour
I miss when Eminem was funny

Scheming on the first chick with the hugest boobs
Then I remembered this magic trick dun da dun da dun dun gogo gadget ****
Whipped that **** out and there ain't no doubt about it, it hit the ground caused an earthquake and power outage
Wait what if there is an explanation for this ****? What she tripped, fell, landed on his ****?
Cause if I ever stuck it to any singer in showbiz it'd be Jennifer Lopez, and Puffy you know this! I'm sorry Puff, but I don't give a **** if this chick was my own mother I still **** her with no rubber and *** inside her and have a son and a new brother at the same time and just say that it ain't mine, what's my name?

...and most of Criminal.

Whereas now he just takes everything so seriously and it's dull. And that beard has to disappear.
Criminal is the best Eminem song IMO.

Funny and brutal.

Soldato
Rock bottom is probably my favourite, even though its quite depressing. Also 'my words are weapons' from the first D12 album, but wish it was just Eminem for the entire song.

Edit: Just having a listen to the new album now and so far so good, until I got to Ed Sheeran :(. I'll never understand why he's always featured in rap/grime music..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Still have Kamikaze on my Spotify playlist. Absolutely love that album. Downloaded this for my Spotify playlist, haven’t gotten round to listening to it yet.

But reviews seem pretty good and likening it to some of his previous albums that were hits.

Man of Honour
Absolutely love this album. Darkness is amazing. Also love Godzilla and leaving heaven. Eminem is my go to gym soundtrack, so thrilled to have a new album. It’ll remain to be seen if this album remains a regular on the playlist long term.

Soldato
I used to love eminem when I was younger but listen to some of his older stuff now he just sounds like a whinney little brat. The lyrics really havnt ages well, altho the beats are still excellent.
A friend went to his last gig in Glasgow and he showed up like over a hour late went on for 30 minutes then disappeared.
Anyone who treats thousands of fans like that is not getting a penny from me anymore.
I'm the opposite really, I love most of his early stuff until about Encore and then I don't like 90% of it from then on

Caporegime
OP
Damn this album is good. The wordplay and everything is crazy, it's like his mind just works in a different way to everyone else's. The end of Godzilla for example is just mind boggling.

I think I've played it enough times now to say I like it better than Kamikaze, and I played that hundreds of times.

Soldato
Give it a listen to on the way to work today.

About half way through and skipped a fair few of them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Too much of this album has joint vocal collaberation with 3rd parties, which is a distraction versus earlier albums, and gives it a derivative tone .. I'd prefer him on his own.

Have just switched from it to Immortal technique Revolutionary vol2 , much more poetic and political.

Soldato
Lyrics are secondary to the actual tune/music for me. Once I like the tune and flow of the words then I will actually listen to the lyrics.

His earlier music just sounds better, regardless of the lyrical content, obligatory imo. :p

That album is exceptionally good though. Kanye hasn't got another one of those in him!

I think when I hear albums like this latest Eminem one it makes me appreciate Jay Z so much more. 4:44 was a fantastic album and had barely any skip-able tracks and it's a testament to him how he can continue releasing such good bodies of work. Even after 1 play through of this latest album I could see which tracks were skippers. Kamikaze had a few but I feel this has even more.

Eminem is still one of the best in terms of spitting lyrics, but for me everything since The Eminem show has been absolute dross. He needs much better producers. I bet if Dre was producing one his albums the beats would be improved instantly, rather than sounding like a chaotic mess. There's just no flow to any of it.

Interesting that Kanye gets a mention. His rapping, particularly his diction is absolutely atrocious. The only rapper I've heard that is worse in terms of diction is Lupe Fiasco.

Back
Top Bottom