• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They not have broken has people are making out, sure some users have more problems than others. The big issue was only with some games, not all doesn't mean the whole driver is broken.

20.1.2 has already fixed loads of issues, and AMD is very active on reddit atm

Indeed, The only game I'm having issues with on a 5700XT I'm testing is Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Makes the driver crash, Other than that no issues.

Soldato
People are so fast to jump on any little issue that comes from AMD and drivers.
One bug the whole driver is broken lol

Generally AMD drivers are as stable as Nvidia drivers from my own experience but the instability I have seen is with 1 Ubisoft title and I'd put that more down to it being an Ubisoft title than anything else :D

Associate
personally I think sooner because unless it radically undercuts Nvidia those asked to pay above £500 will pay more for more perf... Bottom line is AMD like it or not need to come in with above 2080Ti perf for below 2080 prices long before Nvidia get Ampere out the door otherwise they are dead on arrival... again.

Soldato
From what I understood so far Nav10 is some sort of hybrid between RDN + GCN. With Big Navi the Uarch is going to be completely different. I've not found any rumors as to how it will be different other then it's RDNA2.

Associate
personally I think sooner because unless it radically undercuts Nvidia those asked to pay above £500 will pay more for more perf... Bottom line is AMD like it or not need to come in with above 2080Ti perf for below 2080 prices long before Nvidia get Ampere out the door otherwise they are dead on arrival... again.
Too true, if they delay until July/August then they'll get smoked by Nvidia as usual. Their window to launch is next three months but I suspect they'll sit on their hands until it's too late as usual then release their 'me too' card a little cheaper and a bit slower than the competition in the way we've come to expect.

Associate
If AMD were a bit more ruthless they should not make their new RT features open source and lock people in.
If developers are coding rt features for the consoles on amd and they only work on amd graphics cards, developers wont get the best out of recoding them for nvidia gpus so would be a massive win for amd.

Associate
If AMD were a bit more ruthless they should not make their new RT features open source and lock people in.
If developers are coding rt features for the consoles on amd and they only work on amd graphics cards, developers wont get the best out of recoding them for nvidia gpus so would be a massive win for amd.
Now that would be a very sensible idea. Developers won't jump through hoops to code RT for Nvidia if most of the market is using AMD hardware. I'm sure they'd make a cursory effort but they won't spend a huge amount of time and money on it. Nvidia would then have to carry the additional costs.

Man of Honour

There is al ready a standard with DXR that can be fully accelerated with RTX and the standard Vulkan RT extensions work with RTX so that would probably back fire on them at this point.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is al ready a standard with DXR that can be fully accelerated with RTX and the standard Vulcan RT extensions work with RTX so that would probably back fire on them at this point.

I agree with this and people cannot rag on Nvidia and not on Amd if Amd do the same.

Permabanned

I would LOVE that - make it run like **** on Nvidia cards...oops, it sort of already does :D

BTW, I'm mostly an Nvidia buyer :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom