After about 6 years time to get a new pc need help

Associate
So to start off i will start with a few questions

1st off if I am buying this bundle am i just wasting money by much or is it about right ?.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...en-7-3700x-3800x-ryzen-9-3900x-fs-106-og.html

2nd is AMD 3900 really much better than the i9s ?.

Now the main bit.. im trying to spend £2500-3000 but may splash abit on a new monitor as my acer is only 1900x1200 res and 59 refresh rate.

Im thinking of basing the PC around the AMD 3900, a Nvidia 280 ti (if the price is worth it im happy to go lower) 32gb of ram and i would prefer to only go solid state drives maybe the 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive. My second drive would be my current drive which is a evo 1 once i wipe it. Also to add i prefer to go air cooled over water cooled just due to the ease of replacing parts but if a closed loop water cooler is good I would go with it for the processor.

Also to add the size monitor i think i want is maybe 24-28 inch.

Thanks in advance for any help (also i already have a mouse & keyboard)

Associate
You haven't said what you will be using it for, if you can build anything or have to have a rebuilt (which will always carry a premium).

To answer your AMD vs Intel question yes...it is that much better.

Soldato
The stock options on what you linked come to £2200, you could build a machine with near identical performance for half the price.

In fact, here's a quick throw together as an example:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,116.09 (includes shipping: £13.20)

As stated by @Noughtboy what exactly do you intend to use your computer for?

Associate
@Gray2233 is certainly correct.

I priced it with your potential requests and it is about £3250 (from memory) not including the monitor upgrade you want.

Use the above spec as an excellent starting point.

Associate
OP
Sorry games i play are things like COD, star Citizen, GTA 5, World of warships and also i plan to stream. IO just looked my main pc is about 10 years old but has a Gf 970. I prefer Nvidia over Radeon cards tho not sure which 1 is better now ?.

And also i can use my Evo 1tb from my old PC as a second drive to. its jsut a evo tho not the +.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The stock options on what you linked come to £2200, you could build a machine with near identical performance for half the price.

In fact, here's a quick throw together as an example:

Total: £1,116.09 (includes shipping: £13.20)

Im probably going with this sort of lay out but will make a few changes have a few questions and that is How future proof is and is the CPU fan supplied good enough or is it better to get a after market cooler ? if so which 1 ?.

Thing i would change i would change the Radeon card as i always prefer nvidia so would probably go with this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-440-as.html also i would go with 32 gig or ram so would take 2 sets of ram.

so the current build would look like this does this look good ? Also whats a good value for money mintors with a high refresh rate maybe 140+ ? as big as possible

Total: £1,284.09 (includes shipping: £13.20)

For a monitor i was maybe thinking https://www.overclockers.co.uk/benq...-widescreen-led-gaming-monitor-mo-131-bq.html

Soldato
You're gaining nothing appreciable by going for that WD Black NVME over the WD Blue I recommended above, you'd be better off putting the price difference toward a 2070S such as the following:

Total: £435.00 (includes shipping: £0.00)

For gaming the supplied heatsink with the CPU will be fine.

If you really want a faster NvME drive one of the following would suffice:

Total: £348.97 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Associate
OP
OK sounds good.... will i need to buy thermal paste ? or is the 1 on the chip fine enough ?

also anyone know if that monitor is good enough.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/benq...-widescreen-led-gaming-monitor-mo-131-bq.html

im tying to get a big monitor but not spend a huge amount.. but do wnat a higher refresh rate and response time. 1 of my main shooting gaming issues is having a monitor with slow ms that really can be the difference between life and death sometimes.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the help looks like i will order all this... need to grab me a new USB stick tho as all mine are in use. but thats it and monitor i will do a tiny bit more research on to i decide.

Back
Top Bottom