** Update ** - Harley Quinn - 3900x upgrade as well (rework of my first build)

Associate
Hey all,

Still quite new here but wanted to share this as it has been a tough week with a lot of learning but very proud to say, my first ever build is complete :)

Previously I purchased a pre-built machine earlier this year and did some minor upgrades and dressed it up a little with stickers etc but.... this lead to an addiction that a need to build one myself so i can have it exactly as i want. I have never attempted anything of this scale and never even touched hard tubing so was stretching it a bit but overall i feel it came out well but happy to take feedback if anything you can think to improve. Most learnt from watching youtube videos (bad i know) but took a lot from them.

I will try not to whittle on but i hope you like and remember this was my first try so be gentle haha.

Firstly i apologise for the bad quality photos but they aren't my strong suit so don't really do me any favours but all i have at the moment. I wish i had taken more as it went on but you get into it and forget.

Specs for everything are:

Case: Thermaltake View 71 (Snow Edition)
PSU: Corsair RM850x
Motherboard: TUF Gaming X570 Plus
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Ram/Memory: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200mhz (2x8gb) + Corsair Light Enhancement Kit (x2)
GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Super
Storage: WD Black 250gb NVME m.2 SSD + Adata 500gb m.2 SSD + Seagate 2tb HDD

Fans: Thermaltake Riing 120mm x6 + Thermaltake Riing 140mm x3 (Thermaltake Black/white stickers made up for the front/back centres as preferred this colour to the standard redish colour) - Conf: Front x2 140 as pull, Bottom x2 120 + x1 120 bottom front internal as pull, Top x3 120 exhaust, Rear x1 140 exhaust

Rads: 360mm slim + 240mm full
Teqiuk Cable Extensions (24 pin, 8 pin (CPU), 6+2 (GPU) x2

Watercooling:
EK Velocity CPU Block
EK D5 Revo Pump/Res combo with extended 250 height tube and multiport top
Barrow hard line kit with white compression fittings

Screen:
Raspberry PI 5" screen with Longruner 5" Surround (modified to fit) which connects via HDMI

Peripherals:
Screens: Asus 27" 144hz 1ms + Asus 24" 60hz 1ms (x2)
Keyboard: Republic of Gamers (ROG) Horus GK2000 RGB
Mouse: Corsair M65 Elite White + Thermaltake Galeru Bungee
Mat: Thermaltake extended 900mm x 400mm
Headset: SteelSeries Artic 5 White
Stand: Thermaltake E1 RGB
Speaker: Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar
Desk lights: Govee led strips (controlled via either phone app or Amazon Alexa)

I tried my best with cable management as know this is a particular peeve of many including myself.

I will shut up now for the most part and let you see the pics.

Hope you like :) and again sorry for the bad quality.

ZYIKJHz.jpg
BYUP8UV.jpg
tL9PWhW.jpg YUkinrf.jpg mpTqZUh.jpg
9cpE4du.jpg 6xbVuWs.jpg 0NQZrwz.jpg somACTZ.jpg 87pFwHF.png bDPIszz.jpg 103ifYP.jpg 049Y9SL.jpg xP2xe08.jpg yqZUoB7.jpg 47SYQ27.jpg D7jfixI.jpg GC6voI6.jpg
I4KoGbo.jpg
2eTV6H7.jpg
NcYHqHd.jpg
JxqGzby.jpg
HMpUFqx.jpg SyoXIxG.jpg ReJNlnb.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thank you, I wanted to try and keep a better log but being first build and hitting some challenges learning to bend hard tube took my mind off the pictures haha.

Associate
OP
Is a bit nerve racking having so much tempered glass (plus it weighs a ton) but I like it as sets it apart from the norm without be too outlandish :)

Associate
OP
Not as bad as I was expecting tbh. My advice would be to make sure you have plenty of room and a nice open surface to work on. I used the back of a PC box as gave me a nice height and also a nice 90 degree angle in corner to base the bend on. The top rad to CPU in was the trickiest as 2 bends close at different angles and did take a couple of attempts for that one.

Keep moving it left/right whilst rotating the tube (around 3 inches or so from heat gun on medium heat (to close or too high heat and "you're gonna have a bad time") and just keep moving until you start to see it sag towards the the end (under weight of insert), few more seconds and try to heat the outer side of the bend a touch more as has further to stretch.

Main thing is don't be put off if you get it wrong, it happens :)

Soldato
Really well done mate
Though that's a lot of work and time to only cool the cpu ~get that gpu done immediately lol
Your photos the angles and framing are absolutely fine by the way
Just a bit dull
Exposure? Lack of light?
If I use my phone that happens sometimes and I have to run the demist filter on them
What did you photograph with?
And what's the screen bottom right in the case?
But pretty great job at the end of the day

Associate
OP
Really well done mate
Though that's a lot of work and time to only cool the cpu ~get that gpu done immediately lol
Your photos the angles and framing are absolutely fine by the way
Just a bit dull
Exposure? Lack of light?
If I use my phone that happens sometimes and I have to run the demist filter on them
What did you photograph with?
And what's the screen bottom right in the case?
But pretty great job at the end of the day

Thanks man, sorry for the late reply but I have been away. I'm working on a total overhaul at the moment including some nice upgrades so will update when done :)

Associate
OP
After a couple busy months at work, i couldn't help myself but spend out on refreshing the build and upgrading a little. I finally settled on what CPU i wanted to upgrade to and ordered myself a Ryzen 9 3900x which has made a massive difference to both gaming quality and other work i do from home as well.

I rearranged most of the water cooling to tidy it up a little and ending up really liking the EK Power Pink fluid which led to me opting for a more unique theme this time around, who else but Harley Quinn.

I started out by designing the stickers i wanted and then sending off to a local company here that helped me out before and once again they came through delivering exactly what i asked for :) Then, while waiting for them i got the itch to fiddle with it further and decided to vinyl wrap parts of the GPU shroud in white to make a little more unique.

I also swapped out the fans and replaced with the Corsair QL's 120mm's for fronts and top + a 140mm for the rear.

The last piece came together when i was very lucky to be able to be one of the first to use ReaperCable's custom PSU cables (not extensions) and after sending over the design i wanted, they turned out great. Their tool will be live soon and great quality for a great price so check them out if you are looking for cables or extensions :)

I know this wont be to everyone's taste as is a little more niche but i am really happy with it and being my first "customised" build i am really proud how it turned out.

Thank you for looking and have a good day all =)

y26XH8x.jpg
hqoBy05.jpg
qi8FNNb.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom