Are there different levels of security clearance?

Caporegime
Is it guaranteed they will do the full check once I am on site? Or are there instances where you only require BPSS?

Why? Are you hiding something?

You declare whatever is required on the firm, previous addresses, previous employments, next of kin, parents, partners, whatever

There would be multiple places you only require BPSS. if however you have questions I'd suggest asking the employer / agent

Soldato
I had to get CTC for working at the Home Office last year and still go there to keep my pass active even though I don't actually formally work there - it did take a while to receive the clearance - shame my current buildings access permissions couldn't be combined with the CTC card as now I have two passes but hey my lanyard fits two so all good!

Soldato
There are different levels of clearance and each level has different levels within it. There is (was) a push to centralise DV form instance, but not sure it's happened yet. DV at the FCO can't be used at GCHQ or SIS (UKIC) agencies. Then the is STRAP STRAPSO, NATO and a whole host of others many won't know about or ever need. Some DVs are still FYEO too, and two people with the same DV clearance might have access to different things with both being denied access to the others info.

Soldato
There are different levels of clearance and each level has different levels within it. There is (was) a push to centralise DV form instance, but not sure it's happened yet. DV at the FCO can't be used at GCHQ or SIS (UKIC) agencies. Then the is STRAP STRAPSO, NATO and a whole host of others many won't know about or ever need. Some DVs are still FYEO too, and two people with the same DV clearance might have access to different things with both being denied access to the others info.
DV clearances are all administered by one entity (UKSV) which is an amalgamation of FCO and DSV, if that's what you mean.

What you're talking about when you mention even further "levels" within clearances is actually called compartmentalisation. So it's not necessarily a higher level of clearance, just restrictions in place to access of information on a 'need-to-know' basis (STRAP).

Associate
OP
Why? Are you hiding something?

You declare whatever is required on the firm, previous addresses, previous employments, next of kin, parents, partners, whatever

There would be multiple places you only require BPSS. if however you have questions I'd suggest asking the employer / agent

Nope, just curious really. Anyhow will find out tommorow for sure.

Soldato
If you don't hear anything from them after 3/4 weeks call them as they are not good at getting back to you about any more information they may require or need to clarify (in my experience).

Soldato
Waiting a whole year is pretty normal for DV clearance.

Once you do get a DV it opens up loads of pretty high paying contracting jobs though ;)

Soldato
SC is just waiting and background checks. They might have introduced interviews.

DV is more rigorous - interviewing friends and family.

CTC (which I have) is long winded (time-wise) but not that invasive. A lot of paperwork. I needed it because of a certain location which I had to visit.

Soldato
OP hasn't posted since March. I guess they did their checks and hoiked him off to some black site somewhere in the middle of nowhere... and it must have been pretty bad, as they still cleared me!

Back
Top Bottom