Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 23rd January 2020]

Caporegime
Sucks that we ended up with a draw today. Should have had a penalty for that trip on Pepe le pew though.

Martinelli is someone to watch out for in the future. The kid is pretty damn good and is confident on the ball. Arteta spoke quite favourably of him after today’s game.

Soldato
Sucks that we ended up with a draw today. Should have had a penalty for that trip on Pepe le pew though.

Martinelli is someone to watch out for in the future. The kid is pretty damn good and is confident on the ball. Arteta spoke quite favourably of him after today’s game.

Saw the clip on twitter and assumed it was given. He's gone down easily but its a penalty for sure.

Soldato
A lot of draws today. In the past they'd be individuals who'd make up for a bad performance by doing something amazing, but there's none of that now and a distinct lack of creativity going forward (coupled with Laca being truly stuck in a rut) leaving all these 1 goal cushions that the legs and concentration are insufficient to maintain for a full 90. I like watching Martinelli though, hopefully he can do something against Chelsea next week.

Soldato

I'm not sure about the penalty. One angle it looks stonewall, and another angle it looks like it would have been extremely harsh to give.

Soldato
Can't believe that wasn't a penalty on Pepe. He puts his leg across him and takes him down. Pepe didn't change his run or leave his leg out. VAR is a waste of time.

Don't agree with Citys penalty shout being turned down either. He has hand straight up in the air and it had a massive impact on the flight of the ball. What happened to the silhouette rule?

Edit
Should never have taken Laca off. Yeah he's not scoring but his all round play was bang on from what I saw of the 30 min Sky highlights. Eddie just isn't a premier league striker.

Last edited:
Associate
I dont think the games were boring but a lack of quality and dropped points amongst the big 6 is sort of becoming the norm and no big deal. It seems like no one wants that 4th CL place. Hopefully it doesn't end in an awful race like last year with the marginally least terrible team finishing 4th.

Soldato
I dont think the games were boring but a lack of quality and dropped points amongst the big 6 is sort of becoming the norm and no big deal. It seems like no one wants that 4th CL place. Hopefully it doesn't end in an awful race like last year with the marginally least terrible team finishing 4th.
It now begs the question.

is the EPL really the best league in the world?

Caporegime
Anyone else think Howe could be in danger?

I know he’s done an amazing job there, but they’re going nowhere fast, and no club owner is going to put loyalty before probable relegation from the premier league. Too much cash at risk.

Back
Top Bottom