AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Man of Honour
I've either left them at the office (will find out tomorrow when I'm back in the UK) or lost them after a few beers in the pub last Thursday, will check there too.
I did drop my AP2 case in the pub and one of the pods went under a table. I didn’t notice until I went to leave and manage to find it.
Good luck.

Soldato
Still debating between these and Sennheiser Momentum buds; which have been down at £160 from the Sennheiser Outlet last few days. it seems it's a case of prioritising convenience or sound quality, but how big is the difference sound quality wise, and would I actually appreciate it, coming from a 5 year old set of £20 Phillips in earbuds which to be fair, have been a sensational purchase

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Managed to find a pair of Pro's online for £205 and nabbed them right away.

MUCH better than the original airpods which were pretty awful all around apart from their ease of connectivity and use.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Still debating between these and Sennheiser Momentum buds; which have been down at £160 from the Sennheiser Outlet last few days. it seems it's a case of prioritising convenience or sound quality, but how big is the difference sound quality wise, and would I actually appreciate it, coming from a 5 year old set of £20 Phillips in earbuds which to be fair, have been a sensational purchase

I would assume the Sennheisers do sound a lot better, but the pro's are very good too. Miles better than the regular airpods which were garbage.

Soldato
I would assume the Sennheisers do sound a lot better, but the pro's are very good too. Miles better than the regular airpods which were garbage.

I never used the originals; i totally agree the Sennheiser's will sound better, but it's case of do the Pro's sounds almost as good, which I can accept as a trade of for the functionality of the airpods over the Sennheisers

Soldato
We're another 6 weeks down the line, and I'm still gymming with my £20 Phillips wired (c'mon, It's 2020 now) in ear-phones. Still looking at reviews of airpods, still looking at reviews of Sennheisers and still I don't know which to get, if any!

Man of Honour
We're another 6 weeks down the line, and I'm still gymming with my £20 Phillips wired (c'mon, It's 2020 now) in ear-phones. Still looking at reviews of airpods, still looking at reviews of Sennheisers and still I don't know which to get, if any!

Sony WF 1000XM3.

I got those after trying the airpod pros and the sound quality and active noise cancelling is noticeably better on them.

Soldato
Sony WF 1000XM3.

I got those after trying the airpod pros and the sound quality and active noise cancelling is noticeably better on them.
Those look odd in the ear and I couldn’t get the Sony connect app to work which meant the full NC never worked so I returned them to JL and got the AirPods Pro, use them at work, in the gym, flights, trains etc true the music quality isn’t the best in class but I really like them

Soldato
Sony WF 1000XM3.

Heard these mentioned a lot, but they look huge, case is huge, and apparently a bit inconsistent connection wise. Of course that's what I've heard from reviews and yours may be perfect!

Those look odd in the ear and I couldn’t get the Sony connect app to work which meant the full NC never worked so I returned them to JL and got the AirPods Pro, use them at work, in the gym, flights, trains etc true the music quality isn’t the best in class but I really like them

I think i'll give some a go in the Apple Store in a few weeks and make a decision.

Soldato
Heard these mentioned a lot, but they look huge, case is huge, and apparently a bit inconsistent connection wise. Of course that's what I've heard from reviews and yours may be perfect!

I have have these as a replacement to my first generation airpods. The case is significantly bigger than the airpods case and it doesn't double up as a satisfying fidget device. The buds themselves are bigger but they don't feel much bigger once in your ears. The connection is a bit of a low point especially if you're used to how fast AirPods connect. I'd say my AirPods connected and played within 5 seconds. These are more like 10-15 at times. I've had it a few times where the audio cuts out but this is a fraction of a second and not all the time. Maybe once or twice a week - I use them most of the day at my desk at work.

Sound quality though. These are some of my favourite earphones to use. They sound phenomenal. I haven't once used my AirPods since getting these in September/October as the SQ is really really poor. I haven't used the Pros yet and part of me would like to get some when money is free but right now, I love the WF1000XM3's

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I picked up some pros just after new year as my ageing Bose QC20 we’re starting to get a bit worn out on the battery front.

Plus going wireless appealed.

Just on my first trip to test them out and have mixed feelings, they are comfy and the wireless is great, the the NC isn’t as good as the Bose.

Not sure whether to try the Sony phones out to see if they hold up any better.

Sadly forgot to bring my Bose with me this trip so can’t do the back to back comparison on the train to see what the difference is.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Battery lasted just about all the way home, which I guess means it lasted the right amount of time, but for longer trips it won’t be so good.

Torn now as liked the wireless, but need to test them against my 6 year old QC20 on my next longer trip next week and see.

Sound wise they sounded ok, not amazing but not bad.

Doesn’t help I have funny shaped ears so usually struggle with anything that doesn’t poke right in there, often find these new headphones don’t go ‘in’ far enough.

Back
Top Bottom