• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Vs. Nvidia Image Quality - Old man yells at cloud

Caporegime
I have been playing a lot on my PS4 Pro a lot on my LG B9 and being honest due to having proper HDR and it being OLED certain games actually look better than any PC game I have played. Just imagine how good games will look like on the PS5 later this year!

Definitely need to get a OLED monitor at some point as it really does help a lot with image quality. Funny thing is, it is not like my monitor is no slouch, but without HDR and not being OLED it just cannot keep up no matter how calibrated it is.

I look forward to see a comparison between PS4 Pro Cyberpunk 2077 and the PC version. Will be interesting to see how much better it will be on PC due to things like RT. At this point I am so surprised at how good at some PS4 Pro games look that I would not be surprised if the PS4 Pro version won’t be better looking overall due to OLED and proper HDR. Obviously that is until I plug my PC into my OLED that is, still not done that yet as I can’t be asked to take my huge and heavy case down from my office/man cave to the living room.

Going to be playing it first on my PS4 Pro then later once Nvidia finally release the RTX 3070 will pick it up on Steam and play it on my PC :D

Yup been saying this since I got my oled and ps 4 pro too, likes of hzd, god of war, spiderman, uncharted 4, days gone etc. all look far better than anything I have played on my PC and "monitor", like to the point where you're comparing it to a ps 3 game lol.

Obviously not like for like in terms of platform and displays but take any PC game and compare it on a SDR monitor and oled (especially with HDR), the difference is massive, like a completely new gen of game engine etc. lol.

Played COD MW new one over xmas and the difference between SDR monitor and HDR OLED is astonishing, it's almost like they gimped SDR mode or something.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yup been saying this since I got my oled and ps 4 pro too, likes of hzd, god of war, spiderman, uncharted 4, days gone etc. all look far better than anything I have played on my PC and "monitor", like to the point where you're comparing it to a ps 3 game lol.

Obviously not like for like in terms of platform and displays but take any PC game and compare it on a SDR monitor and oled (especially with HDR), the difference is massive, like a completely new gen of game engine etc. lol.

Played COD MW new one over xmas and the difference between SDR monitor and HDR OLED is astonishing, it's almost like they gimped SDR mode or something.
Yeah. It definitely surpassed my expectations. PS5 is going to be an awesome console.

Man of Honour
For the people thinking they will never see anything from me again with regards to image quality in this thread this is what ive spent a lot of today doing. Yes my camera stand is a modified pringles pot and yes i did draw a circle around it and marker lines so i can get it into the same place every time.

Im still trying to finish off some tests but hopefully ill have some shots and videos even if im not completely finished testing very soon.

Soldato
So what you saying if someone criticises you it is pringles fault.:p

For the people thinking they will never see anything from me again with regards to image quality in this thread this is what ive spent a lot of today doing. Yes my camera stand is a modified pringles pot and yes i did draw a circle around it and marker lines so i can get it into the same place every time.

Im still trying to finish off some tests but hopefully ill have some shots and videos even if im not completely finished testing very soon.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Nice one mate :D

Going to be fun seeing what people say.

Man of Honour
i hope people like pringles. :)

All the pringles have been eaten so pringles don't really come into it. What we have here is poorly executed science. Nothing more, nothing less. :p

Edit: Mistakes have been made and will now be filming the first machine again. Filming was not in 4k. We need 4k people.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Got to give you massive credit here for taking this on.

Man of Honour
Got to give you massive credit here for taking this on.

Well I just recordered a load of video and I have a bit of an issue. There are fairly big differences with what is being rendered in the first scene of RE2 between the two machines, it's either a driver issue or one is missing quite a bit of detail. It also runs a lot better on one than the other. I'm not sure if I would do better setting them both to medium rather than maxing them out to see if that levels the playing field.

I can answer that and I didn't realise it. I have another machine.

Man of Honour
Re2 both machines, same monitor, same settings.

Also they probably didn't need commentary especially given I've been feeling grim but you get what you are given.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not sure why he is posting those - pretty sure the BF4 one was due to using different AF settings or something when it was posted before.

Man of Honour
Not sure why he is posting those - pretty sure the BF4 one was due to using different AF settings or something when it was posted before.

It is a mystery to me. Above though supported recent hardware vs supported recent hardware. up to date drivers same settings and I can validate the same rendering on other devices. That is a single game right at the very beginning :D

Man of Honour
I mean 1 shows signs of a Radeon image but the tested card is very slow and the chosen game looks like from TWIMTP optimisations....

Ive just cooked a steak sandwich let me eat that then ill make a more in depth little video with the highest end radeon.

Man of Honour
The missing textures are when you load the game and were there because i saved and loaded rather than starting from scratch lol?? yea ok. So I have a new video I'm uploading now. Found me a bug. It's quite a bit longer and I use my desktops Radeon 7 so it's not a slide show for you. Contains Steak Bap. will take a further 16 mins to upload and for youtube to do its thing.

Back
Top Bottom