Associate
I recently invested in a PS4 Pro and as part of the extras it came with Death Stranding and a Fortnight pack. In playing these two games, I found Death Stranding to be infinitely more enjoyable on a number of levels. Unfortunately, I just could not get into Fortnight and enjoy it no matter how hard I tried. However, I appreciate that I am likely to be in a minority and that my taste will not be the same as others.

BUT, what game do I get next? In light of my preference to a genre of game that is like no other what genre should I look at and what games in that genre would be worth purchasing? I do like Fantasy (Lord of the Rings) and sci-fi (Star Wars).

1. Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO)
2. Simulations
3. Adventure
4. Real-Time Strategy (RTS)

5. Puzzle
6. Action
7. Stealth Shooter
8. Combat
9. First Person Shooters (FPS)
10. Sports
11. Role-Playing (RPG)

Many thanks for you advice in advance.

SiDai

Soldato
For Star Wars, Fallen Order is very good, but short so don’t pay full price. BattleFront 2 is a decent FPS too, and scratches my star wars itch.

on PS4 though I’d say Horizon: Zero Dawn should be waaaaay up your list. It fills a lot of those boxes and imho game of the generation. It’s a work of art

Soldato
The Witcher 3 game of the year edition, Skyrim Special Edition and The Middle Earth series.

That's a good years worth of gaming right there and on a costa coffee budget.

GTA V including online is also great fun.

Soldato
Horizon Zero Dawn - Open world SciFi, light RPG
Witcher 3 - Medieval Fantasy, light RPG
Uncharted series - Action Adventure, light puzzle elements
Spider-Man - Action Adventure, light puzzle elements
God of War - Hack N Slash, light puzzle, light RPG

Honourable Mentions
Days Gone - Open world Action Adventure
Tomb Raider series - Action Adventure, light puzzle elements
Dishonored series - Stealth, steampunk, light Puzzle
Assassins Creed Odyssey - open world Adventure, light RPG
Assassins Creed Origins - open world Adventure, light RPG

Associate
OP
Firstly, a huge thanks to all those who have replied. It looks like I have my work cut out researching all of the suggestions.

If there are any other games that anyone may have thought of or overlooked then I would be most thankful for further suggestions.

Soldato
Totally. It's quite telling that the best PS4 game is a PS3 remake. And that's not because the PS4 doesn't have loads of amazing games, because it obviously does, it's because The Last of Us is just that good.

Soldato
It's only good because of the story, otherwise, it's a reasonable game but nothing amazing. Certainly nowhere near the best PS4 game that people make it out to be.

Soldato
Yes, it is.

Indeedy.

I'd recommend it even more highly to an older gamer. With so many games these days designed to consume as much of your time as possible, games like The Last Of Us stand out. There's no filler. There's no grind. It respects your time. You can sit down and play it for 30 minutes at a time and get just as much from it as if you play it in an epic binge.

Soldato
Indeedy.

I'd recommend it even more highly to an older gamer. With so many games these days designed to consume as much of your time as possible, games like The Last Of Us stand out. There's no filler. There's no grind. It respects your time. You can sit down and play it for 30 minutes at a time and get just as much from it as if you play it in an epic binge.

Agreed with all of that. I feel like a lot of modern games - Spiderman, HZD to name two recent Sony exclusives - are chock full of filler and fetch quests which frankly bore me to tears. The pacing in TLoU is perfect. I cannot wait for the sequel. I hope they don't delay it again!

Soldato
Agreed with all of that. I feel like a lot of modern games - Spiderman, HZD to name two recent Sony exclusives - are chock full of filler and fetch quests which frankly bore me to tears. The pacing in TLoU is perfect. I cannot wait for the sequel. I hope they don't delay it again!
Agreed, which is exactly why most open world games don't appeal to me. I'd rather have a linear game with a great story.

Back
Top Bottom