Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 23rd January 2020]

Man of Honour
I agree, its been a case of both. Its not entirely down to the other clubs wobbling because irrespective of that to win 21 out of 22 games in the english top league is truly remarkable.

Man of Honour
Lol, I think Carragher and Keane are about to roll up their sleeves and get into a punching match on the show, they're really getting angry with each other

Don
You've got to love these 'the league's crap comments'. Some people are conveniently forgetting that the PL had all 4 European finalists last season, with Spurs and Chelsea's domestic form worse than it is now and Arsenal's equally as bad as it was. Maybe the rest of the League has just got stronger and this Liverpool team are insanely good.

We should have put the game to bed a lot earlier but we've got back into that wonderful habit of not conceding goals again and we've always got a goal or two in us.

Soldato
You've got to love these 'the league's crap comments'. Some people are conveniently forgetting that the PL had all 4 European finalists last season, with Spurs and Chelsea's domestic form worse than it is now and Arsenal's equally as bad as it was. Maybe the rest of the League has just got stronger and this Liverpool team are insanely good.

We should have put the game to bed a lot earlier but we've got back into that wonderful habit of not conceding goals again and we've always got a goal or two in us.
Same comments are said every time a team runs away with a big lead and wins league title.

Sometimes a team is just that good it doesn't matter what others do.

City drop in form has been a surprise though, I honestly thought they would be pushing us further

Soldato
Watching MOTD as I was on a flight this afternoon... Looks like we should have won this about 6-2!

Edit: also Gini skinning Maguire might be one of the highlights of the season for me

Permabanned
Slab head was nowhere for the VVD header i watched it a few times he knew he was going to score and he used quick footwork to do it.

Not a defender could touch him and United can buy no more CB's so thats how one player makes a difference and they have two with lucky Salah anything he hits.normally rolls goalward.

Man of Honour
August 2019 - Gary Neville -
"I can guarantee you as clear as day, Manchester United will win again. They'll probably win the league before Liverpool, in my opinion.

"And that's not being disrespectful, they'll probably win the league before Liverpool."

I imagine Neville feels like a bit of a chump about saying that now :)

Soldato

Lets be honest,

is arsenal united, chelsea and spurs playing good football? Nope they aint. they are terrible. To some extent , City have not been that amazing either and Leicster are begining to faulter too.

Liverpool are beating teams in 2nd gear mate

Soldato
Same comments are said every time a team runs away with a big lead and wins league title.

Sometimes a team is just that good it doesn't matter what others do.

City drop in form has been a surprise though, I honestly thought they would be pushing us further

Remember though, they've had injuries where Liverpool hasn't.. ;)

There has certainly been a gulf in class this season. Playing poorly and beating teams is a sign of a very good team.

Back
Top Bottom