Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Soldato
There's an a empty space where my desk used to be, my little 3meter x 3.3 meter man room's getting a makeover with wood flooring and some paint... looking to this thread for some desk inspiration :)

yLeuigG.jpg

To:

dAWLSta.jpg

zLBYlED.jpg

Transmission breaker
Don
The thing is, with the mess. I believe that most of these "desks" are not realistic. They are either tidied artificially to show how "clean and neat" the users are or not being used for anything real. :D
Mine is seen as a real mess according to this thread, but it is used every day. It's where I work when in my home office, do research for home projects, working things out, and as a workbench for "clean" projects.
If it was anything like the pics in this thread, it would just be vanity space, and not actually anything like as useful!
Function over form for a working space, any time :D
I expect that a million people will now all yell that theirs is immaculate and they do all sorts with their setup and it's always immaculate. Yeah, it's ok, everyone knows deep down that the moment the glory shot is taken, you fall back into that "cluttered" mess you claim to hate ;)
It's ok, we can all pretend, we will keep your dirty little secret, and keep this thread going ;)

Permabanned
I expect that a million people will now all yell that theirs is immaculate and they do all sorts with their setup and it's always immaculate. Yeah, it's ok, everyone knows deep down that the moment the glory shot is taken, you fall back into that "cluttered" mess you claim to hate

Well, it's all about how many products you have and if you can stop buying silly products that you own as assets your desk will be forever clean. Mine is always clean as I don't collect pointless things. :D

Soldato
The thing is, with the mess. I believe that most of these "desks" are not realistic. They are either tidied artificially to show how "clean and neat" the users are or not being used for anything real. :D

Not true - some in here might be a little ocd clean, but I simply can't work (or play games) at a desk like yours. I can't concentrate with things being that 'busy' around me. To each their own :)

... flooring's down... ikea hack desk going in tomorrow

U9OGsi2.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Mine is seen as a real mess according to this thread, but it is used every day. It's where I work when in my home office, do research for home projects, working things out, and as a workbench for "clean" projects.
If it was anything like the pics in this thread, it would just be vanity space, and not actually anything like as useful!
Function over form for a working space, any time :D
I expect that a million people will now all yell that theirs is immaculate and they do all sorts with their setup and it's always immaculate. Yeah, it's ok, everyone knows deep down that the moment the glory shot is taken, you fall back into that "cluttered" mess you claim to hate ;)
It's ok, we can all pretend, we will keep your dirty little secret, and keep this thread going ;)

My office is my zen space, it needs to be clean, tidy and organised otherwise it really bothers me.

I work from my home office full time and it doesn't get messy. I bring food and drink in, and take it out when it's finished. Other than that, nothing is added to the desk. I have a shelf in the office for paper work, so nothing collects on the desk.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Took a couple snaps this morning of my setup now I've added the new Sonos and the little succulent.

Desk_Setup_Jan2020_web.jpg

Desk_Setup_Jan2020-2_web.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The thing is, with the mess. I believe that most of these "desks" are not realistic. They are either tidied artificially to show how "clean and neat" the users are or not being used for anything real.

Yeah, it's ok, everyone knows deep down that the moment the glory shot is taken, you fall back into that "cluttered" mess you claim to hate ;)

I actually can’t work if my desk is messy :( I have to have as much out of my line of sight as possible otherwise it just bothers me and I can't concentrate. I'm glad I don't work in a job that requires lots of books or paperwork everywhere as I think I'd go mad

Associate
Photo of my vintage desk space.

My build is inside the wooden cabinet of the 1939 German Graetz Radio Below the desk. style wise I’d say is its a Mid-Century industrial. I rarely game at my desk these days as I also have my PC Hooked up to my 40 inch 4K TV at the end if the bed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just bought and installed a new monitor so thought I post here as well as in the Purchase thread in GD, Didn't see many 43' monitors when I was browsing through a number of pages (10-15 or so), so here is another. Monitor in portrait is a 27' 1440 x 2560 res, and the other one is a 35' 3440 x 1440 res. Incase someone looking for a comparison between 43' and other monitors.

OnUEZJg.jpg

Associate
IwfcXN5.jpg

New desk in new study in new house!

Need me another monitor, but happy with the setup so far. Loving the keyboard/mouse combo and the fact that I only need one of each to control my desktop, server and work laptop :)

Have seriously upped my game by adding two 24" monitors in the past year and getting a dedicated work box (running the little monitor) so I don't need to use my laptop :)

AmlVTrz.jpg

(Full Disclosure: pile of junk and paperwork currently sat on top of the printer to the left... shelving opposite desk in an absolute state)
AmlVTrz

Associate
What on earth is the photo on the calendar? I can't decide wether it looks more like a 3D scan of a child or a chicken carcass.. No offence, obviously :p
It is the front cover of a calendar the Mrs made of our first child with our daughter posed (asleep or awake) with various backgrounds, cooking, hanging on the washing line, a butterfly. under the sea, on stage etc. There's a semi-opaque cover over it of course.

Don
Changed some bits, taken the desk extensions off as they weren't needed. Added a Surface.

Excuse the cuddly toys and the carpet.. Plan is to decorate the room this year but not sure I'm staying or its getting converted into a room and then I'm kicked into what was the nursery!

KwjHuG0.jpg

s8wZtLA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom