X8ST3-F wont post

Soldato
I got this board from the bay supposedly brand new. Ive tried 4 core xeon, i7 920 , with ECC Server memory and with standard Desk DDR3 all of which i know work in a similar supermicro board i have. After powering on fans spin bit are throttling at differnt speeds. nothing on screen, if i leave it for a couple of minutes eventually i got 6 short beeps. which just repeat. there are no 6 short beep codes in the manual...

im guessing board is pooped, i tried resetting the bios battery, nothing else installed except GPU, i have disabled on board VGA via jumper

Soldato
I'd check the CPU socket pins to see if any are bent, should have checked it thoroughly before, if none are reseat the CPU and try again. Set the jumpers to cPU vga and see if that works, all with one ram stick, then try the other(ecc or non-ecc) memory type with one stick only.

If none of that works it still might be that the bios version doesn't recognise the CPU, have you a basic one to test?

Soldato
OP
I'd check the CPU socket pins to see if any are bent, should have checked it thoroughly before, if none are reseat the CPU and try again. Set the jumpers to cPU vga and see if that works, all with one ram stick, then try the other(ecc or non-ecc) memory type with one stick only.

If none of that works it still might be that the bios version doesn't recognise the CPU, have you a basic one to test?

The board only supports i7 and Xeon so i cant get an lower spec CPU and i have tried 2 (they only cost £5 to £10 now anyway). The VGA is on the motherboard, not part of CPU, but i know what you mean. i can try that. but i also know the GPU i installed is fine., been trying with 1 stick. I will try again at weekend when get more time. I have variation of the board but a server version , and that works fine with all the components i had.

Back
Top Bottom