What does your wife/partner drive?

Soldato
Our daily SUV - F15 X5 M50d (replacing soon)

Her other daily - 986 Boxster S
Her baby - 944 S2 Cab
Her other baby - Corrina MK3 GXL (selling shortly)

My cars - Some Hondas :p

Associate
She drives a Megane company car. Looks nice, drives OK. I tend to drive that if we're going somewhere at the weekend etc.
I drive a Sport Ka as I only have a 4 mile commute and wanted something little cheap and fun. Except the tax and mpg are stupid.
We also have an LDV Cub campervan that she bought but I do the driving. Seems fair enough to me...

Funny thing is she always used to say a focus would be far too big (we had a golf at the time...) but now she hates my little bumpercar and refuses to drive it. Works for me tbf :p

Soldato
Whatever she is dam well told to drive... no, whatever she wants. She drives whatever she wants.

V50 D4. Although she was talking about getting a V60/XC60 and giving the V50 to a girl in work who has a clapped out Golf. I recon we will be buying a V60 soon...

Man of Honour
A god awful Citroen C3 from 2011. Don't get me wrong, was a great car for her when she bought it. No kids, worked a few minutes from her house. But now, it's just starting to go wrong, far too small for 2 kids and it's just a shed, so many dings and scratches on it from where people have opened doors in to it or hit it and run in car parks.

I've offered so many times to buy her a car so get her out of it. A couple of months ago, I basically bought her a Tiguan behind her back as a last ditch effort, but nope, she found out and was having none of it. I know some people don't care about cars, but it's just highly impractical, makes me rage

Man of Honour
I feel very lucky - she keeps her car absolutely pristine. There isn't a mark on it inside or out. We traded her old Mini in with all 4 wheels in the condition they rolled out the factory in :)

Soldato
I drive a Focus ST estate. The boyfriend drives a transit. Both are company vehicles. I’ve just been asked to pick a new vehicle but tbh I still love the ST. Despite it being a company car I do my best to look after it.

Soldato
2012 Mk 7 Fiesta. Its got a gutless 1.2 4 cylinder but as a city car and short work commutes it's perfect. Handles nicely, cheap to run, acceptable boot space fine for weekends away even with some baby stuff etc. I would have preferred if she'd gone a class size up but she's not the most confident of drivers and wanted smaller.

Soldato
2012 Mk 7 Fiesta. Its got a gutless 1.2 4 cylinder but as a city car and short work commutes it's perfect. Handles nicely, cheap to run, acceptable boot space fine for weekends away even with some baby stuff etc. I would have preferred if she'd gone a class size up but she's not the most confident of drivers and wanted smaller.

This is basically what I came in to say! But hers is a 2010 model :)

Man of Honour
Does your partner just pick the car she likes the look of? Do you have any input? Are your car buys coordinated for max utility, fun or convenience?

First car she picked one she liked the look of. Second car was her mum's old one. Her two cars since then I've directed her towards. Car buys are generally co-ordinated for max utility relative to size i.e. five door and large boot in a not too massive car.

Soldato
Anything that’s cheap that doesn’t have low profile tyres and isn’t a massive SUV. Her last car was some awful Korean thing rebadged as a Dodge, then she wrote it off and I bought her a Caliber for about £1500. She has no interest in cars and ruins them so I don’t see any point in spending money on something decent. We could win the lottery tomorrow and I’d still keep that car until it died :p

Back
Top Bottom