Horizon: Zero Dawn [PS4]

Soldato
Dialog and acting is cheesy AF in this game. It isn't a good game, but merely average one at best.

It's a popcorn game (AAA), all graphics with poor game design.
Sorry buts that's complete BS. Have you even played the game or are you playing it on easy?

This game has some of the best monsters and weapon design's.

The star of the game is not the NPC's but the Monsters.

Soldato
Dialog and acting is cheesy AF in this game. It isn't a good game, but merely average one at best.

It's a popcorn game (AAA), all graphics with poor game design.

It's hard to take this comment seriously. The fact this has almost a 100 pages since release quite a while ago now suggests it's anything but average. Great metacritic score across reviews and users as well. I personally loved this game and as the previous response says its all about the monsters!

Soldato
Im on my 2nd play through at the moment.

Something I didnt remember from the first time around back on release is theres no rest/wait mechanic. Im finding this annoying AF and for the life of me, I cant understand why it is missing.

I have limited game time and want to play in daylight and enjoy the scenery. During night time in the game (and day time in real life) I struggle when the sun is out like it has been the last 2 days because it shines on my screen and makes it really hard to see anything. Drawing the curtains helps a little but they are not black out ones.

Ah well. First world problems eh? :o

Soldato
There is isn’t there? You go to a campfire and press a button to wait instead of save. At least I think so! It’s been a while.

Not in my game. I get triangle for quick save and square for manual save. Thats it.

A google search suggests there isnt any way to wait / advance time.

So my question is why not?

In my head I cannot think of a reason why not unless:
  • It was a concious decision not to have it as part of the game mechanic and if so what was the rationale? or;
  • It was an oversight (this seems unlikely?) or;
  • There is a technical reason such as not enough performance overhead to map NPC/Machine behaviour etc (links into first point but this point is one of technical limitation rather than design ethos)

Associate
Im on my 2nd play through at the moment.

Something I didnt remember from the first time around back on release is theres no rest/wait mechanic. Im finding this annoying AF and for the life of me, I cant understand why it is missing.

I have limited game time and want to play in daylight and enjoy the scenery. During night time in the game (and day time in real life) I struggle when the sun is out like it has been the last 2 days because it shines on my screen and makes it really hard to see anything. Drawing the curtains helps a little but they are not black out ones.

Ah well. First world problems eh? :o
That gets me too, I had to buy blinds when i got my 65ins tv lol it became too much haha

Back
Top Bottom