What does your wife/partner drive?

Don
My Mrs has a Honda CR-V that she loves. I've tried to get her to buy a newer car but she insists that she will keep the CR-V forever.
I have a BMW 650i and she won't drive it because she can't get the hang of automatics.....???????

Soldato
When my wife passed her test she got a Citroen C1 1.0 3 cylinder. Was great. Just outgrew it and now has an evoque coming on Saturday. I'll no doubt drive the C1 around now as my S4 is in pieces. It's technically her car but like most, we drive whatever is about.

Soldato
A scruffy, but sound 2008 Megane 2 1.5 dCI with 180,000 km on the clock. We got it cheap as it was bundled in with a trailer I wanted to buy from someone returning to the U.K. at the end of 2018.

It was supposed to be our backup car if my Duster crapped out and for airport runs if we needed to pickup more than 4 people, but she’s grown to love it and happily pootles around in it when she goes out shopping or visiting friends without me. Returns 50mpg, handles the rural road well, but only being 5 speed means it’s not a relaxing Autoroute ride at 130kmh.

I have a set of aftermarket headlight bulbs to fit when I can use someone’s garage lift as you have to get in through a hatch inside the wheel arch...

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
BMW X3 30d msport

fantastic car, fairly powerful 6cyl engine, high spec for the model so plenty of gadgets, very practical, I actually love driving it. Locally I use it in preference to my own car a lot of the time.

Soldato
Currently a 2018 Leon which is her company car. She’s looking for a new job however, so at some point so she’s going to need a car of her own again. Will probably try to steer her towards the usual Focus/Civic options. She does like her Leon, but I'm not sure her budget will stretch to the right one.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
We used to have 2 cars, my wife drove a Honda Civic 2.2 i-CTDI which was really good. However we both work from home now so have one car which my wife probably drives more than me :p that's an Audi A4 Avant, really nice car.

Prior to the Civic it was a Mazda MX5 that she adored. It was a good car for her, being a hairdresser. Even though we are down to 1 car she really wants another MX5 again.

Last edited:
Soldato
The French love them. When you see what passes for parking out here at supermarkets etc, you can understand the appeal of a partly armoured vehicle.
I agree on that, but they'll still smash it to pieces anyway. Parking is woeful.

I disagree with Fox on them being a good car. I had one for 2 weeks and it was the worse designed car I've been in.

Also a crap car.

I'd add to that the Jeep Renegade. Awful car.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Whatever I decide to buy. When she bought a car it was a Chevy Spark, so that won't be happening again.

Soldato
2013 Kia Sorento 2.2 diesel. I would prefer an estate in all honesty, but she needed something capable of comfortably towing a horse. That said, it's a lovely car to drive and an excellent workhorse, if a little thirsty.

Soldato
Perfect choice, without going for crude pick-up trucks (Isuzu/Navara).

Indeed. We did toy with the idea of a pickup, which would be better for towing, but I pointed out that when she wasn't towing (which is the majority of the time), she'd probably get annoyed with it being less refined, harder to park and smaller in the cabin, etc.

Don
Hyundai Tucson. It goes back next year, we got a pretty decent deal on it, if that is such a thing with contract hire - unfortunately I changed jobs from a longish commute and also got a company car, so now the Tucson will go back to the dealer with a fraction of the miles it should have. You live and learn.

The car on a whole has been great in the past 3 years, no issues at all. We do a yearly trip to France with 3 young kids and it houses them and all the luggage with no real problems. Although, it's a good job my eldest is skinny as a overweight kid would no way sit in the middle seat between a baby seat and a toddler one.

I was contemplating the 7 seater Santa Fe after this one.

Back
Top Bottom