Joker (2019)

Soldato
If we're going to get into specifics about what should or shouldn't have created the joker, what age he should be...which of the 3 main Batman timeline DC comics Jokers are we talking about :D ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Finally watched it over the weekend...
Love the 80s pseudo NYC (gotham) setting and Arthur himself.
Liked the downward/upward spiral and Batman's dad. Presumably that was Alfred at the gates?
Didn't like so much the Kill The Rich feel and how the rich folk inc Thomas Wayne were pretty hateful characters.
Didn't particularly like the subway murder scene that kicked it off. Irked me that the damsel in distress didn't go to the press and tell them the douches who worked for Wayne were a-holes and Arthur was simply being her knight in shining armor etc!
Did anyone else notice the terrible blood splatter effects in the murder in the apartment scene? Seemed really bad cgi.. Probably watching too much Corridor Crew videos lol.

I actually did really like it though, its just always easier to nit pick than to say nice things about something! :p

Caporegime
Not sure how I feel about this - it's a fantastic one and done movie and i'm not sure if they can replicate that.
Agreed. As a one off movie it just works. Not sure how a second movie fits and I hope they won’t try and fit in Batman or anything stupid. This is a much older Joker as shown in the first movie.

Soldato
Agreed. As a one off movie it just works. Not sure how a second movie fits and I hope they won’t try and fit in Batman or anything stupid. This is a much older Joker as shown in the first movie.
I've always been partial to the view it's just Joker stringing along another analyst with a fake story of who he really is.

I don't want any direct Batman tie in, just another Joker-centric story - maybe go down an elseworlds route with another standalone story, not sure tbh.

One thing is DC have shown with both Joker and The Batman is they can absolutely pull off a superb movie when they move away from the DCEU rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom