Ghost recon Breakpoint ** Official thread

Soldato
OP
I was enjoying this until i hit the more mountainous areas and oh my god the game mechanic for slipping is beyond ridiculous, your character has to have the worst balance in history to be slipping down a slight gradient where you completely lose control of your character.

Agreed, it's like they are climbing with roller skates on and then after a slight slip they are totally exhausted, hopefully addressed in a patch

Soldato
I think I'll maybe hang fire although the Black Friday price is decent. I'm currently occupied with Jedi:Fallen Order, Outer Worlds and I'm still grinding Division 2 so probably got not much time to devote to Breakpoint. Loved Wildlands which is why I'm so tempted.

Associate
^I'd be inclined to agree, the Mrs and I gave up through sheer boredom half way through. For reference we loved Wildlands too.

Soldato
I have finally got bored but not after around a 10 hours if play.
I am amazed that Ubisift did not sit the sill sliding down any slope and alternatively not being able to climb the over a once.
How come if one person saw you everyone knew where you are and no matter how far you ran and hud the rocket launchers could still target you?
As usual with these games there is so much I had no use for as I never made anything and anything I bedded I bought.
There was far too many guns and clothing I gave up on opening boxes as I rarely found anything that was better than what I had.
Lots if other stuff I found pointless but over all a good time waster.

Soldato
Got this yesterday. Only just started it so not that long in to the SP game plot etc. Disappointed with the visuals though. I'm running a fairly modest rig (Xeon @ 4.8Ghz, 16Gb RAM and an MSI Twin Frozr 6Gb 1060 GPU. Graphics look 'fuzzy' and blurred is the only way I can describe it? Are there any tips/tricks/tweaks to improving the visuals and looks of this?

Associate
I was enjoying, did all missions and sides. It is lacking end game content tho and people to raid with, joining randoms with no mic is a no go, needs communication

Soldato
I'm also finding this very confusing. There's no clearly defined mission objectives that kinda guide you by the hand and point you in the correct direction. I was just dropped into an early mission where I had to gather intel at an apartment complex. I had no idea where I was supposed to go or what I was supposed to do. I ended up trying to scout around the complex but at one point got discovered and had a small firefight. It all went downhill from there until I was chased back up the hillside and ended up KIA. The menu, objectives and tab systems are totally convoluted and confusing in terms of what your next main mission objectives are.

I gave up and went back to some run and gun fun with Division 2. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Okay, getting a bit more up to speed with this now, getting my head around a good few aspects of the game. I think I was maybe in complete 'run and gun' mode due to playing Div 2 lots, once you take a step back and slow down a bit, plan your moves and sneak around a bit more, this game makes much more sense.

However..........I'm all of a sudden having CTD's regularly. Sometimes only a few minutes after the game has started up. Really annoying. Any ideas, anyone had CTD's recently? I'm just updating to the the latest Nvidia drivers to see if that helps.

Soldato
Not played this much at all since December. Fired it up this afternoon and I've had 4 x Crashes to Desktop so far, literally only minutes into the game. All at completely random times. Ubisoft forums suggest the last update introduced a bug which causes CTD's in snowy mountain areas but I seem to be crashing everywhere. Currently verifying files and have updated my Nvidia drivers.

Anyone found a fix?

Associate
I have also experienced CTD's in snowy mountain region, but at a specific mine shack location. We are awaiting a large patch, due end of this month I hope. I have not played since Faction Rewards have been disabled, making their missions pointless.

Soldato
I'm going back to Division 2 for a bit until this is patched, unplayable for me because of the unpredictability of the random crashes. Can be half way through a carefully executed objective and *BOOM* crash to desktop. So frustrating.

Soldato
I'm going back to Division 2 for a bit until this is patched, unplayable for me because of the unpredictability of the random crashes. Can be half way through a carefully executed objective and *BOOM* crash to desktop. So frustrating.

I'm having that in Division 2. Game just randomly drops to desktop with the Windows Event Viewer showing "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." It's a known issue, something to do with Windows thinking the graphics card has timed out or something, and has been reported a myriad times oin the forums but UbiSoft are seemingly refusing to do anything about it. Annoying thing is that you can be playing for hours on end and nothing, but then the next time you fire it up it can crash multiple times within the space of a few minutes.

Soldato
I'm having that in Division 2. Game just randomly drops to desktop with the Windows Event Viewer showing "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." It's a known issue, something to do with Windows thinking the graphics card has timed out or something, and has been reported a myriad times oin the forums but UbiSoft are seemingly refusing to do anything about it. Annoying thing is that you can be playing for hours on end and nothing, but then the next time you fire it up it can crash multiple times within the space of a few minutes.

Not had any major issues with D2 crashing which is why I'm going back to it for a while until the GR:BP patch is released. Really enjoying Breakpoint but as I said, it's not fun not knowing if half way through a mission that you have invested hours in, its going to CTD.

Soldato
..But Terminator missions are fun though
Finally got it running again, yes the Terminator missions are fun. Hopefully it will continue to work. The VRAM usage increased almost 2x a couple of updates ago, that destroyed performance for 4GB cards as even on all settings set to low is > 4GB. It used < 4GB with most things on High before that.

Just had a black screen, had to hold power to reset so its still ******:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom