**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
I spotted that too, although Conor does have a great take down defense which is often overlooked. You can even see Conor sprawl after he missed the punch, even though Cerrone didn't attempt to take him down.

Ree

Ree

Associate
was a pretty underwhelming ppv as a whole topped off with a quick finish. thought conor would win but wasn't expecting him just to blast through him the way he did. those shoulder strikes didn't half do some damage.

Caporegime
He may not need a rematch with Khabib for the belt, Tony is no easy prospect if that fight ever actually happens. Yes I know it's scheduled, but it's already fallen apart 3/4 times.

Tony has the tools to do the job as well, crazy cardio, great off his back, very unorthodox. Obviously Khabib will be the favourite but Tony shouldn't be overlooked in that fight.

Soldato
He may not need a rematch with Khabib for the belt, Tony is no easy prospect if that fight ever actually happens. Yes I know it's scheduled, but it's already fallen apart 3/4 times.

Tony has the tools to do the job as well, crazy cardio, great off his back, very unorthodox. Obviously Khabib will be the favourite but Tony shouldn't be overlooked in that fight.

this 100%, Tony and Khabib IMO are some of the GOATS @ 155, if only they could share that belt, Gachje is also up and coming, Very clever of Connor to avoid 155 - Beats a washed up Cowboy ( 3 loss streak by way of KO ) who holds some records and was there for a paycheck. I reckon Connor knows he will lose vs khabib but is there for the payday, £100m a fight, he doesn't care - he's wanting to fight Pacquiao, and Masvidal ( his good but overrated ). Kamaru/Israel/Tony/Khabib/Gajche will (GSP VOICE) retire him xD

Associate
The $100m figure is from Khabib's camp and essentially they are signalling that the fight will never likely to happen as Dana would never agree to that amount.

Soldato
The $100m figure is from Khabib's camp and essentially they are signalling that the fight will never likely to happen as Dana would never agree to that amount.

seems unfair as Connor got 80m for the fight vs cowboy - Whilst i agree he draws a crowd - A championship fight, the A-side deserves an equal share of the pie - especially if it was in Russia, Khabib also has a huge following in his native Russia,

Tony and GSP hopefully next for Khabib.

Why would Khabib give a rematch for less than 100m - He hates Connor and wouldn't want to make him richer at his own cost, I reckon the fight will happen at 100m a piece in Russia eventually

Associate
seems unfair as Connor got 80m for the fight vs cowboy - Whilst i agree he draws a crowd - A championship fight, the A-side deserves an equal share of the pie - especially if it was in Russia, Khabib also has a huge following in his native Russia,

Tony and GSP hopefully next for Khabib.

Why would Khabib give a rematch for less than 100m - He hates Connor and wouldn't want to make him richer at his own cost, I reckon the fight will happen at 100m a piece in Russia eventually

I heard Conor got $5m base for the cowboy fight.

I did hear an $80m figure but I reckon that is BS.

Associate
Base pay was: $3 million for Conor and $200,000 for Cerrone.

Everything else would be money from sponsorship, ppv etc. so outside of what the company is paying.

Caporegime
$3 million base plus a performance bonus, plus everything else. ... not bad for 40 seconds work. Yeah I know including camp etc it's longer but essentially the time that really counts is 40 seconds, he's not paid to be in camp he's paid to fight.

Soldato

Tony has the tools to do the job as well, crazy cardio, great off his back, very unorthodox. Obviously Khabib will be the favorite but Tony shouldn't be overlooked in that fight.

i really hope tony beats Khabib but then i think hes my favorite in the current UFC lineup. Always entertaining to watch and has beat some very tough competition.

Hes got as good a chance as any. iaquinta seemed to survive the onslaught well with his also crazy cardio . just never had the skills to do anything. Poirier should have had things finished but was hardly breathing himself. Cant see Tony making that mistake. roll on april !

on another note i know cowboy isnt a contender anymore but hes still a seasoned pro whos put up many a tough fight. conors performance was impressive. 20/21 strikes landed ? in 40 seconds ?

Gaethje has been asking for a beating on social media and there is talk that they could fight it at 170 in march. It seems a good idea to me. No or limited weight cutting is the future.

Soldato
i really hope tony beats Khabib but then i think hes my favorite in the current UFC lineup. Always entertaining to watch and has beat some very tough competition.

Hes got as good a chance as any. iaquinta seemed to survive the onslaught well with his also crazy cardio . just never had the skills to do anything. Poirier should have had things finished but was hardly breathing himself. Cant see Tony making that mistake. roll on april !

on another note i know cowboy isnt a contender anymore but hes still a seasoned pro whos put up many a tough fight. conors performance was impressive. 20/21 strikes landed ? in 40 seconds ?

Gaethje has been asking for a beating on social media and there is talk that they could fight it at 170 in march. It seems a good idea to me. No or limited weight cutting is the future.

I'm hoping Khabib wins - It lays the track for GSP to return, I love tony too, but GSP wouldn't make a comeback for Tony

Back
Top Bottom