No Time To Die (now contains spoilers!) Ha

Soldato
Just don't tell him that the oldest human remains were found in Africa and it's most likely that everyone originated with black skin, right? :o

Soldato
Someone needs to check to see if Rofflay owns a copy of Mein Kampf :D

I personally couldn't care less about the skin colour of the person who plays Bond so long as they are a good actor and aren't too old (I think it makes more sense to get someone in their thirties so that they can make at least three or four movies before they're too old). I'm not convinced Idris Elba is right for the role, but not on grounds of skin colour.

Soldato
I don't want to drag this on but people are confusing race and nationality. The character of Bond is ethnically white European.

Black Panther is the best alternative example to use, it would be ridiculous to think he could be played by another racial group and I would be the first to say it was preposterous to suggest so.

Anyway it will be interesting to see if they acknowledge this as Craig's last outing. In the past Bond just changed actor without comment. But there has been somewhat an arc to Craig's films. That said I don't think this film will do that well and we might see a break before they reinvent the role again. Personally I would love to see the films set back again in the 60s even some of the books rebooted and remade.

Man of Honour
Seems quite brooding and downbeat. It’s probably very fitting.

You do have to laugh at the people moaning on the bbc comments page... good grief. Please can we just lock all the moaners away!

Soldato
Seems quite brooding and downbeat. It’s probably very fitting.

You do have to laugh at the people moaning on the bbc comments page... good grief. Please can we just lock all the moaners away!

Just had a browse...wow. Some moaning about her voice obviously didnt hear Sam Smiths Bond song.

Soldato
Only listened once so far, so no time to develop a true liking - but I certainly didn't dislike, which already gives it an advantage over the last two.

While the BBC lauded it, I thought the recognisable chord at the very end was really shoehorned in - it didn't fit there at all.

Soldato
I quite like it. I can't say I'm a massive fan of Billie Eilish's music generally, but I think this sounds like a proper Bond song and I presume the lyrics will be quite fitting based on the trailers.

Oh and the BBC comments section is always awful, regardless of the article it's filled with old codgers moaning about the state of the UK or the world in general.

Caporegime
I quite like it. I can't say I'm a massive fan of Billie Eilish's music generally, but I think this sounds like a proper Bond song and I presume the lyrics will be quite fitting based on the trailers.

Oh and the BBC comments section is always awful, regardless of the article it's filled with old codgers moaning about the state of the UK or the world in general.
Any HYS on the licence fee is always comedy gold. Not a single one can see the irony of posting on a licence fee funded, advert free website demanding the licence fee be scrapped. It’s beautiful.

Soldato
Interesting they went with that style of theme after rejecting Radiohead's last time around only to have S.Smith a.k.a the "star" of the moment do it.

Man of Honour
I like it and think its a Bond type of song. But I do like Billie's Eyelash (seeing her in concert later in the year). I am also a bit of a Bond and Daniel Craig fan. So no doubt I will pop along to see it.

Interestingly my teenage daughter wants to see the film because she's a massive Eyelash fan. Attracting a younger audience is probably one reason she was chosen for the theme. Us 50 year olds are a dying audience... literally.

Back
Top Bottom