Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Started playing online with a friend last night and have mixed feelings. It seems to be set up as a big grind and you can't do half of the fun things you can do in SP to earn money (eg robbing trains and shops etc). We started by doing the story quests (the sherif ones). Are we missing something? Our only encounters with players involved being continuously 1 shot killed by people we couldn't see.

Soldato
I've completed the game and decided to try getting over to Mexico, On the way I discovered I'd not even visited a large chunk of New Austin in the south west so lots more action down there with bandit camps, old mines etc, also lots of snakes make the horse skitter if you go off road

I swam with my Horse across the narrowest part of the San Luis river but did not manage to find the old prison from the original game. You can ride over a huge area but apart from birds overhead there is no other life or signs of habitation, I must have been in the wrong area because the prison can definitely be found.

Associate
Treat Arthur to a night in a decent bed at the hotel in Valentine. Had a bath, changed clothes using the dresser in the room and put him to bed for the night. He must have known it was gonna be back to the rough life as he woke up dressed in the blood soaked scruffs he arrived in. :D

To be fair though, I think that's the first bug I've noticed.

Associate
Treat Arthur to a night in a decent bed at the hotel in Valentine. Had a bath, changed clothes using the dresser in the room and put him to bed for the night. He must have known it was gonna be back to the rough life as he woke up dressed in the blood soaked scruffs he arrived in. :D

To be fair though, I think that's the first bug I've noticed.

Literally unplayable! Refund :)

Soldato
I finally managed to find the old fort across the river in Mexico, it's nowhere near where I though it was. The Mexican area graphix change to low quality because it's from the original RD1 game from 2010. It goes on for miles with huge canyons and in one area palm trees appear.

I did use a cheat for horse stamina to swim across the river, some instructions of how to get to Mexico seem wrong and involve crossing the river & making endless attempts to jump out of a gully, mine was directly below the huge waterfall and you can actually see the fort across the river. The original game had several bridges across

Mexico.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm trying to figure the cheapest way to get this to if anyone knows? It's on hotdealsuk for £25 through a Russian vpn seems the cheapest so far, rockstar key.
Just hope my trusty laptop will run it now
Did you buy it and is it running ok on steam? I have the game on PS4 and dont really want to buy it a second time

Associate
No still looking to see which would be the cheapest way. Looking like this will be so might just go for it.
My laptop is an i7,1070 with 16gb. Think itll run smooth enough?

Back
Top Bottom