• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon 5600 and 5600 XT speculation

Soldato
OP
Lol. Nice. Gonna be honest though.. still too closely priced to the 5700 real world pricing (will reduce in time hopefully so it actually becomes good value). 5700 still seems like the go-to card right now.

Very curious if initial cards will be able to be flashed to 5700s

Soldato
OP
Most likely.

I do speculate that the cards memory was always 14gbps though, and they just down clocked it. This is far to close to release to be otherwise tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Its going to be a good card if you dont already have a recent mid range or older high end. If your buying into this price range from an onboard or something weak then this will be the best card to get for 1080p. Of course the price has to settle as the launch prices are far too steep. I would buy these for the kids budget gaming all round pc's for example, wouldnt be surprised if theres some room in the tank for progression with tweaks and drivers.

Soldato
OP
So, if reading all the info about the vbios updates correctly, the ten percent speed bump will only be applied to the better AIB models. Which nearly always means... Higher price.

So.... Is anyone going to buy a 5600 at the same cost OR MORE than a newly discounted 2060?

Soldato
its an interesting move.

all within 20-30 of each other you'll have

5600xt

ultimately the 5700 is the best one (subjective i know) but a lot of people will go for Nvidia over AMD purely because.... I believe it handles streaming a lot better (ie no impact to fps) - well thats how i feel my 780ti handles sreaming.

for the 5600xt to have enough of an impact i feel it needed to be under 250 which isnt the case. if going AMD i think its worth just stumping up the little extra cash for the 5700.

Soldato
OP
I dunno, a 5600 at £200 would be a fair purchase for many a gamer.

200 ? It would be... but the 5500 GB are nearly hitting that, and I'm sure some of the AIB models are. The 8GB is terrible value, the 4GB you have to be careful on a PCI-E 3 board to not go over the 4GB or it will kill performance having to do memory swaps over the pci-e 3 x8 Lanes (instead of 16), and the 5600 is within spitting distance of the actual pricing of the 5700. The 5700 is already competing with the 2060. The 2060 KO version is FASTER than the normal version even though the specs are the same.... yet cheaper. So... the 5600 XT is gonna have a real hard time if people don't have their rose tinted glasses on.

The 5700 and 5700 XT are the best cards to go for in their range. No question. The others... nah.

I get the feeling AMD just isn't going to see sense though. Just seems like they are living in cookoo land with their card prices.

Note: The 2060KO is based on a different chip (the 2070 super I think.. I will have to look it up again). The 5600 XT is based on the 5700, but with a memory limitation.

Here's the laughable part.. the 1070 is around the same perf as the 2060.... for the same price... 3 or 4 years later. You can't candy coat it at all... we are being ripped off.

Soldato
Im not disagreeing with some of the points you made. The part you didnt pick up on was when you mention this:
Here's the laughable part.. the 1070 is around the same perf as the 2060.... for the same price... 3 or 4 years later. You can't candy coat it at all... we are being ripped off.

I had already said:
Its going to be a good card if you dont already have a recent mid range or older high end. If your buying into this price range from an onboard or something weak then this will be the best card to get for 1080p. Of course the price has to settle as the launch prices are far too steep. I would buy these for the kids budget gaming all round pc's for example, wouldnt be surprised if theres some room in the tank for progression with tweaks and drivers.

For the life of me the card cannot stay where its launched, and like the 590 when that was first released, it was approaching vega 56 prices. Similarly I expect the 5600 to fall to near the £200 point. For someone like myself its not on the radar as I own a vega, but if I was building a new entry rig or upgrading from onboard to a dedicated GPU it would be on the radar especially if they come with 3 free game bundles etc.

Soldato
OP
I had already said:

The 1070 comment, wasn't directed at you, I was speaking to everyone. I want progress for my money damnit! Lol. It is my own laughable whine fest of feeling cheated since I sold my 1070.. and still the same money gives me..... Exactly the same. I feel cheated. I don't want to give them money for making zero perf progress.

I will cave soon to something... Can't stand reducing my settings any more lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
The 1070 comment, wasn't directed at you, I was speaking to everyone. I want progress for my money damnit! Lol. It is my own laughable whine fest of feeling cheated since I sold my 1070.. and still the same money gives me..... Exactly the same. I feel cheated. I don't want to give them money for making zero perf progress.

I hear ya!

I had a 7990 for a while till it had to be RMA'd which was replaced with a 290x. Some years later I wanted to upgrade and found the new at the time rx580 was just over £300 and not any better at all. The companies have focused too much on power saving and raising prices.

Soldato
OP
Pretty surprised at the reviews, and showing the 5600XT doing better than I expected with the new bios. Now... I wonder if hitting it with igorslab power mod will yeild results as currently overclocking is only getting 2 to 3% benefit to the card.

I'm still concerned that it is priced extremely close to the 5700 in real world figures.

Interesting card though I will say. I really thought it was going to perform worse.

Soldato
AMD GPU driver are **** again according to a number of reviewers, 2060 can be had for £269, who is buying AMD with similar performance/price but with unstable, buggy. drivers.

Back
Top Bottom