• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are NVidia clearing the decks for a new high end card?

V F

V F

Soldato
to be honest i think the console ports are a joke they make them worse looking than consoles which the pc could do a hell of a lot better they should be ashamed of themselves. and the prices of the games themselves are a joke ...

There was a time I remember most games on PC lead the way. Now for so long you're just playing shoddy ports on PC. Even Quake Champions that was known for PC exclusive is a shoddy console port of an engine that runs badly most of the time. Even though people can crank out over 200fps on it, most people commented it still feels as if it is less than 100fps. It was a console engine they created it on and it is full of horrible bugs 3 years later. It's so bad there isn't even Raw input and never will be.

The same goes for all this matchmaking crap. Remember when most games on PC all had server browsers and for so long now it's console matchmaking.

Soldato
The same goes for all this matchmaking crap. Remember when most games on PC all had server browsers and for so long now it's console matchmaking.

MW2 caused this cause they wanted to sell map packs. No reason console can't/couldn't have dedi server browser. Activision should pay reparations to all the people who had to argue with shills bashing their heads against a brick wall causing brain damage.

V F

V F

Soldato
MW2 caused this cause they wanted to sell map packs. No reason console can't/couldn't have dedi server browser. Activision should pay reparations to all the people who had to argue with shills bashing their heads against a brick wall causing brain damage.

In so many ways it killed the modding communities. Now for so long everything is locked down for DLC/season passes.

Soldato
still plenty of 2080Ti over priced garbage in the channels from what I see

Absolutely love my 2080ti. No other card can come close to delivering the same fps and graphical quality at 3440x1440. It will still have a good sell on value when I upgrade to a 3080ti.

New cards are coming people, bring the lube/butter...

Lube me up! Kidney ready to go up on eBay!

Last edited:
Soldato
Absolutely love my 2080ti. No other card can come close to delivering the same fps and graphical quality at 3440x1440. It will still have a good sell on value when I upgrade to a 3080ti.

Lube me up! Kidney ready to go up on eBay!

If a 3070 matches it at everything for the price it should be then it won’t have that great a sell on value.

the 2080ti was overpriced for the perf increase and I hope the trend doesn’t continue and Turing can be forgotten about.

Soldato

Same, I’m only really interested in the 3080Ti as my current 2080Ti is in truth more than capable for everything I play. There hasn’t really been any recent games that I wished I had more power.

I don’t really plan to sell it anytime soon. Certainly not for a 3080 as I know for sure when the Ti drops I’ll want it.

Soldato
Same, I’m only really interested in the 3080Ti as my current 2080Ti is in truth more than capable for everything I play. There hasn’t really been any recent games that I wished I had more power.

I don’t really plan to sell it anytime soon. Certainly not for a 3080 as I know for sure when the Ti drops I’ll want it.

I am seriously considering getting the LG OLED 48" as my PC gaming monitor. That requires HDMI 2.1 for 4k 120hz and the 2080ti doesn't have one so it will have to be a 3080ti :D

Associate
When the big navi hits you can be sure a counter blow imminently. Almost as if they are colluding on this type of thing together...
I'm sure this sort of collusion goes on. Nothing in writing just an informal chat in a bar between execs about dates, performance and price points then hey presto, two broadly similar competing products at similar prices and plenty of profit for all involved. I know people will consider this conspiracy theory but it's a very simple and elegant way to screw the consumer and maximise profits. It's as old as capitalism itself.

Caporegime
So AMD want to tell Nvidia when the next release date and what the performance will be so NV can be ready to release a competing product and take initial sales away from AMD whilst NV struggle for 6 months / 1 year ramping up production and releasing a product, struggling to see the incentive from AMD?

OR NV with its vast budget has people inside AMD or good connection to those with insider knowledge and has anticipated a release.

Anyway, 2080ti is working well in the VR rig, will be upgrading to a 3080ti and moving the 2080ti into the main machine, must mean i'm a CEO going by some other posts.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I'm sure this sort of collusion goes on. Nothing in writing just an informal chat in a bar between execs about dates, performance and price points then hey presto, two broadly similar competing products at similar prices and plenty of profit for all involved. I know people will consider this conspiracy theory but it's a very simple and elegant way to screw the consumer and maximise profits. It's as old as capitalism itself.

Totally agree, there is no coincidence when it comes to this stuff, unless they have moles and leaks galore.

Associate
How do people think Nvidia will deal with the 2080 Ti when they bring in the 3080 / 3080 Ti?

They obviously dealt with this in relation to the 1080 Ti by simply ceasing production and letting supply dry up. I can only see them doing this again, especially if the 3000 series is going for an increase in RTX performance more than an increase in rasterisation. If the 2080 Ti (and perhaps the 2080 and the 2070) were still around at a reduced price, they would only show up the minimal performance gains of their 3000 series counterparts and hurt sales. You would end up with 6 high-end GPUs with increasingly little separating them.

This saddens me for a number of reasons. Firstly, it means the 2080 Ti will come in at £1k and go out at £1k, providing no justification for the 3080 Ti replacing it to be priced at anything lower (and some unfortunate logic for it to be higher). Secondly, it is likely that the 3000 series card at £600 will probably still only offer 1080 Ti performance, producing a sort of fixed performance price regardless of time or technological progress. This harsh fact would only slightly be softened by RTX improvements taking place. It leaves me thinking that if a next generation card is X% faster, then the new pricing strategy means it must also cost X% more.

Sad times

Back
Top Bottom