Harry and Meghan to resign

Soldato
I'm glad that misplacing your dislike of your sister is helping you cope with your jealousy and helping you deal with her successes also.

I didn't say I disliked my sister, or that I was jealous AT ALL, again that's what you have just conjured from your backside.. I, FYI, just had to put my sister up for two months just before christmas because the man she went for dumped her and she ended up slitting her wrists. This, despite the fact that I hadn't heard from her for over a year, as well as my dad who is in heart failure, and two other brothers, until she needs me. She didn't return my calls until then, that's without saying anything about how I've helped her out over the years. Yes I dislike my sister but she is my sister so I will be there for her, that's what family does, that doesn't mean I have to like her.

It's just jealousy/envy. That's all I see.
Then you see nothing. I have my own house and car paid for, she has just jumped into her next relationship, whilst still being under the crisis team for the suicide attempt btw, so again, you see nothing with regards to me!

The fact remains, your opinion is just an opinion.
I never said any different did I?

and you have no way to prove she is like that.
Two pints:
1) You have no way to prove she isn't, unless you know her? 2) I've already covered that - keep up.
In relation to her father, if it's the guy I watched gushing about how becoming a princess is every little girls dream and pinnacle of female achievment, I'm not surprised she is distancing herself from him!
So? Do you remember back say 20 odd years back, even 5-10 years is enough, every little girl wanted to be a princess when they were young, yes, that's when she grew up with a father that loved her that wanted the best for her(private schooling etc)... Your point is?

Last edited:
Caporegime
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal
I think you'll find it was very much public.
Look at those headlines and you'll see why the want out. Normally I despise everything royal, but good for them. 2 fingers to the scummy British tabloids.

The problem is that isn’t some survey where they’ve sampled a load of headlines about both but where they’ve cherry picked examples to fit their narrative.

Most people don’t really appreciate that so will read that as evidence of some double standard etc..

There might be a difference in how she’s been treated in general but that doesn’t show it nor show to what extent it happens if it does.

Soldato
It wasn't obvious. You're acting like you know someone that you clearly don't. You're trying to justify unfounded accusations by comparing a person in the news to a person you know [e.g. your sister], and thinking they are the same.
Newsflash, people have personality traits and as I've said before, ad nausium, it's those traits I recognise.

The Meghan Markle you have sussed out is actually just a fictional person in your head.
Every person you meet/know about you create a fictional model of that person in your head - what's the point?

Soldato
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal
I think you'll find it was very much public.
Look at those headlines and you'll see why the want out. Normally I despise everything royal, but good for them. 2 fingers to the scummy British tabloids.

It's only really a double standard if the people involved behave exactly the same. Kate and Meghan have - rightly or wrongly - behaved differently so the medias reaction to them is obviously going to be different.

Capodecina
Soldato
It's only really a double standard if the people involved behave exactly the same. Kate and Meghan have - rightly or wrongly - behaved differently so the medias reaction to them is obviously going to be different.
I suspect that you haven't read the linked article which seems to compare and contrast the "differing" reports in the xenophobic right-wing Mail and Express.

You are perhaps thinking that one of the two ladies in question is an "English Rose" and the other one isn't :confused:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
The problem is that isn’t some survey where they’ve sampled a load of headlines about both but where they’ve cherry picked examples to fit their narrative.

Most people don’t really appreciate that so will read that as evidence of some double standard etc..

There might be a difference in how she’s been treated in general but that doesn’t show it nor show to what extent it happens if it does.
Are you serious?!
They've literally said the polar opposite about the same thing. Cherry pick examples to fit their narrative?
**** me

Have you considered that their behaviour is due to the reactions of the press?
Or the fact one is black..

Caporegime
Are you serious?!
They've literally said the polar opposite about the same thing. Cherry pick examples to fit their narrative?
**** me

Yes - how many results do they show where that doesn't occur? Think about it again.

That isn't any sort of review of press coverage, it is a selection of hand picked articles that fit the narrative. Are you not understanding the point here?

Permabanned
Are you serious?!
**** me.

Not sure why this is a surprise to anyone. This is straight out of the manual that Naom Chomsky wrote years ago.
Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media

Contrary to the usual image of the press as cantankerous, obstinate, and ubiquitous in its search for truth, Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky depict how an underlying elite consensus largely structures all facets of the news. They skilfully dissect the way in which the marketplace and the economics of publishing significantly shape the news. They reveal how issues are framed and topics chosen, and contrast the double standards underlying accounts of free elections, a free press, and governmental repression between Nicaragua and El Salvador; between the Russian invasion of Afghanistan and the American invasion of Vietnam; between the genocide in Cambodia under a pro-American government and genocide under Pol Pot. What emerges from this groundbreaking work is an account of just how propagandistic our mass media are, and how we can learn to read them and see their function in a radically new way.

The picture of the world that's presented to the public has only the remotest relation to reality. The truth of the matter is buried under edifice after edifice of lies upon lies. It's all been a marvellous success from the point of view in deterring the threat of democracy, achieved under conditions of freedom, which is extremely interesting.

Soldato
so let's dissect buzzfeeds
whereas Buzzfeed’s audience is heavily skewed towards women, with a base that is nearly 70% female (an index of 133)
Meanwhile, Buzzfeed’s audience is skewed heavily towards women (as previously mentioned) as well as younger audiences: almost 20% of its audience is between the ages of 18-24, an index of 161, and a quarter of its audience is between the ages of 25-34, an index of 133.

the secrets out ?
draw your own conclusions ... so the story aligns with their #metoo demographic

[... and dissection of vertoanlytics]

Associate

Yeah one of the examples they use is the Avacados the article about Kate eating Avacados is from ages ago but the one about Meghan is much more recent and their has been all this thing about Avacados and impact on the environment and with Meghan being an eco warrior the press are criticising her for it which is correct.

Soldato
so let's dissect buzzfeeds

the secrets out ?
draw your own conclusions ... so the story aligns with their #metoo demographic

[... and dissection of vertoanlytics]

You do realise both of the people in the stories are women and women of a very similar age. I really don't understand the point you are trying to make. If it was about coverage of women vs men you'd have a point. As it isn't, you don't.

Associate
What all this boils down to is they can't be arsed doing all the boring stuff like royal duties meting the little people they want to what the Clintons and Obamas do start a foundation and make a fortune.

Associate
Are you serious?!
**** me

Have you considered that their behaviour is due to the reactions of the press?
Or the fact one is black..
Oh no the evil press reason why Kate does not get bad headlines is she does not open her mouth about politics and stuff but Meghan being your typical liberal hollywood leftie just can't help herself.

Associate
I have a feeling they are going to do a brand Beckham with the Sussex royal thing i don't think its right that they should be able to use that name to make money in any case Harry will be back in a year or too when she divorces him.

Permabanned
Where is your evidence that this is the case?
Why the need for evidence when they have media fuelled gossip.

The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.
Edward Bernays

Back
Top Bottom