• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Its quite refreshing to be called an Nvidia fanboy, can't really win either way.

haha, there is a reason why i don't list my rig in the sig. I've always had the same opinions but when it said 1080 ti i was a nvidia fanboy then when it switched to an AMD gpu I overnight turned into an AMD fanboy.. You cant win with some people, they look at you and judge before even listening to what you have to say.

Caporegime
Have to admit my Vega64 drivers were solid, but when I switched to my first 5700XT in July I did have the odd niggle with getting the cpu/gpu stats etc showing but stability was fine.

Permabanned
haha, there is a reason why i don't list my rig in the sig. I've always had the same opinions but when it said 1080 ti i was a nvidia fanboy then when it switched to an AMD gpu I overnight turned into an AMD fanboy.. You cant win with some people, they look at you and judge before even listening to what you have to say.

No, it's not the ownership - I have noticed that he is generally very negative about anything from AMD's graphics department. I suspect they hurt him somehow and now he doesn't like them. The thing is what and why :confused:

Especially, when he is first on the line about Ryzen but Radeon is a stronger product compared to GeForce than Ryzen is compared to intel Core i-something.

Soldato
Well that's good to hear, i hope more people are in your camp. My issues didn't appear right away but only after a few days on each 2020 driver. The last one .3 is however the best one for me of the 2020 drivers.

What is the issue. I appear to have no issues on any of the new drivers. Have not been tweaking anything though. Just bog standard clocks and all seems to run fine with my Vega 64.

Soldato
What is the issue. I appear to have no issues on any of the new drivers. Have not been tweaking anything though. Just bog standard clocks and all seems to run fine with my Vega 64.

2020 are causing system locks and crash to desktop, I have logged bug reports and rolled back to 2019.

*scouse accent* Everyone stay calm

AMD made a mistake rolling these out just before Christmas, what’s done is done and i would advise everyone else who is having problems to log a bug report and roll back.

I am going to wait until end of March before retrying the 2020s.

Associate
So, I am owner of RX 5700XT since november (after upgrading from R9 390) and here's my experience with drivers. First installation back in november was shocking. I thought I had faulty GPU. So many issues...
Random black screens, BSOD, downclocking in low spec games, problems with trying to run anything in 1080p @ 75hz. I thought to myself, I'll wait for fixes. And that's what I did.
The end of the year marked the release of new 2020 drivers and to my joy, many of my issues have been fixed. Since then I've upgraded my monitor to 21:9 ultrawide 1440p with 75Hz and the card is having no problems with it.

The biggest issue (at least for me) still remains though. The bloody downclocking. I've noticed it's mainly in DirectX 9 games. Like for example Black Mesa (not the mod, the game that was in early access). I can't get the card to go higher than 500 MHz on the clock.
That results in around 28 fps on average. I've tried many things. VSR to the max, setting minimal Chill to 75 fps, upping the minimal voltage (it always resets itself)... Rocket League is DX9 too and that runs anywhere between 180 to 220 fps. So what's up with it? Can it be fixed?

OH and another thing! My new display has Freesync. What's the optimal way of setting it up? I've turned it on in drivers and on the monitor itself. Do I now just disable vsync in games and let the games run at 200+ fps or some stupid numbers like that and let Freesync (on 75 hz monitor mind you) take care of it?

Last edited:
Soldato
No you dont do vsync ingames or in amd settings. Just enable freesync in amd settings and no vsync in games then it should work as intended. If your on a 60hz or 75hz you may want to use frame rate limiter to 58 or 73fps.

Caporegime
AMD Adrenalin 20.1.3 Drivers Released

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3 Highlights
Support For

• Radeon RX 5600 XT
Fixed Issues
  • An intermittent black screen or loss of display may occur when performing parallel actions such as web browsing, gaming or watching video.
  • A limited number of games such as Nioh™, Dragon Quest Builders 2™, WWE™2K20, Dead or Alive 6™ and Atelier Ryza™ may crash or fail to launch.
  • Wolfenstein™ 2: The New Colossus is not detected in Radeon Software games manager.
  • Text overflow in some UI boxes or toast messages may be experienced in some language localizations.
  • Fan Tuning may change back to the default state when switching between available GPUs.
  • Copy text options are not available in the display specs table for Radeon Software.
  • An intermittent black screen or loss of display may occur when the system is left idle at desktop.
  • Factory Reset install may keep previously configured Radeon Software game profiles. This can cause mismatch between global graphics settings and per profile settings.
Known Issues
  • Grand Theft Auto™ 5 may experience a system hang or black screen at launch, when opening Radeon Overlay while in game, or after performing a task switch while in game.
  • Audio may intermittently be missing from Radeon ReLive recordings near the end of recorded clips.
  • Integer Scaling may cause some video content to show flicker when the display resolution is set to less than native resolution.
  • Multiple games may have very dark or very bright graphics in game when HDR is enabled in Windows®.
  • Radeon Anti-Lag enable and disable beep notifications may be played in error when individually pressing keys assigned to the hotkey.
  • The Radeon Software Overlay hotkey notification may sometimes be displayed during video playback in web browsers or launching some video player applications.
  • Integer Scaling option is not showing up or available on some Windows®7 system configurations.
  • Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
  • Some Vulkan® gaming applications may crash when performing a task switch with Radeon Image Sharpening enabled.
  • Some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics users may intermittently experience a black screen while gaming or on desktop. A potential temporary workaround is disabling hardware acceleration in applications running in the background such as web browsers or Discord.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-1-3

Soldato
Cool, will get the latest drivers downloaded tonight.
All drivers for me have been pretty solid, my only issue is PUBG crashing. Before it would be once or twice in a few hours but with the 20.1.1 drivers it was every game..... I'd just get kicked to desktop with pubg error message just asking me to submit the info. Occasionally it would say I've run out of VRAM but I doubt its using more than 8GB VRAM with textures at medium at 1440p....

Back
Top Bottom