• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
It's been confirmed that Sony will be skipping E3 again this year, instead focusing on "hundreds" of consumer events (GamesIndustry.biz).

"After thorough evaluation SIE has decided not to participate in E3 2020," said a Sony Interactive Entertainment spokesperson. "We have great respect for the ESA as an organization, but we do not feel the vision of E3 2020 is the right venue for what we are focused on this year.

"We will build upon our global events strategy in 2020 by participating in hundreds of consumer events across the globe. Our focus is on making sure fans feel part of the PlayStation family and have access to play their favorite content. We have a fantastic line up of titles coming to PlayStation 4, and with the upcoming launch of PlayStation 5, we are truly looking forward to a year of celebration with our fans."

E3 organiser the ESA has struggled to satisfy all of its members who have been split over what they want the show to be. Some publishers such as EA and Sony want to see E3 become a fan celebration of games, whereas others would rather the event remained an industry-focused affair.

Soldato
Really wonder if they'll have a launch 'event' then or not? Maybe instead they'll just rely on doing an online reveal, as I can't think of any upcoming events that would fit the realistic timeline for release of the PS5?

Soldato
Really wonder if they'll have a launch 'event' then or not? Maybe instead they'll just rely on doing an online reveal, as I can't think of any upcoming events that would fit the realistic timeline for release of the PS5?
They will host their own. When you're that big you don't fit into the calendar, you make the calendar fit around you.

Soldato
Pretty much yeah.

I don't like it though, E3 is an exciting time for gamers and Sony missing them takes some of that excitement away.

I don't think it's a great move personally but then it's not cheap to run one of these events and the numbers must not stack up.

Associate
Pretty much yeah.

I don't like it though, E3 is an exciting time for gamers and Sony missing them takes some of that excitement away.

I don't think it's a great move personally but then it's not cheap to run one of these events and the numbers must not stack up.

Yeah I'm not a fan of them skipping E3. As you said, it does take the excitement out of it. Their isn't anything wrong with holding stuff back for other events, but by completely side stepping it, it just makes it look like they are worried about something else taking the spotlight away from them.

Soldato
Apparently Sony have some disagreement with the ESA (Electronic Software Association) which has been going on for a while. I can't find the article now as I am at work. Might have been Jason Schreier at Kotaku, can't remember where I read it.

Edit - It was a Tweet from @jasonschreier:

One juicy tidbit I heard last year was that Sony's main reason for skipping E3 was disagreement/tension/conflict with the ESA, which is likely the driving factor here as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I reckon they're going to keep us in suspense til much later. They might do another Wired interview around April and then after E3 has just finished, do the PS5 reveal (to take the focus away from Xbox) with another event in September detailing price and launch dates.

Soldato
iirc the battery was a measly 1000mha jobby which didn't last long especially if you had a headset connected. Normally had to play longer sessions with micro USB plugged in.

I would hope that they address this and give a far bigger capacity battery.

Shawrey

Dunno if it was updated but on my 2015 ps4 the battery in the controller is just 850mAh.

Ive got a LED torch that is smaller than the PS4 controller but it's packs a 4000mAh battery haha

Soldato
More footage from Godfall
GiddyBonyCrocodileskink-size_restricted.gif

EagerOldfashionedCobra-size_restricted.gif
WanThriftyIndianhare-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom