Today's mass shooting in the US

Caporegime
Virginia have introduced a gun bill which reads like completely reasonable changes

What are the proposed gun laws?
Virginia's legislature, which the Democrats won control of in November, has approved three gun control bills. These would:

• Prohibit the purchase of more than one handgun per month
  • Allow local governments to ban guns in parks and public buildings
  • Require background checks on all firearms purchases

And there are 1000's marching to prevent this!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51170252

Associate
Lol, americans are so weird.

23635522-7907885-image-a-61_1579528961119.jpg

Just casually bringing my M82 barret rifle, perfectly normal

23637028-7907885-image-a-150_1579541294477.jpg

Check out these total bad ass's, woah, so cool

23644020-7907885-image-a-132_1579540070628.jpg

I get that they like their guns but why do they all insist on dressing up like commandos when no one is threatening to take away their helmets etc ?

Just a bunch of cosplay dorks from where im standing

Last edited:
Soldato
Must say, I am rather more concerned about "Todays mass stabbing in the UK"

All seems to be involving Sikh's. Not a group I had previously associated with mass random gang style violence before!

(I am guessing that there is something rather more personal going on here. Interesting however that the media are willing to immediately identify the people involved by race/colour/demographic/etc, presumably because they are Sikh's instead of the usual "Police are asking if anybody saw anything" that usually happens when brown/black people kill each other! )

:(

Caporegime

All seems to be involving Sikh's. Not a group I had previously associated with mass random gang style violence before!

(I am guessing that there is something rather more personal going on here. Interesting however that the media are willing to immediately identify the people involved by race/colour/demographic/etc, presumably because they are Sikh's instead of the usual "Police are asking if anybody saw anything" that usually happens when brown/black people kill each other! )

Well feel free to make a thread about it.

BBC news said that so far in 2020 (3 weeks) over 2000 people have been killed in gun related violence in America

2000!

Soldato
People with 12 arms? :p

I say if they want then they can stop these laws passing with the exception that all policing and military withdraw from the area. See if they really want to be in a militia after all.

Soldato
Well feel free to make a thread about it.

BBC news said that so far in 2020 (3 weeks) over 2000 people have been killed in gun related violence in America

2000!

Again, How do they count that?

As I read it from us firearm "Death" stats, 2/3 of us firearm related "Homicides" are actually "Suicides".

Are Suicides included in "Your" particular figure? (Serious question)

Bad as that may sound for Gun ownership. the real issue here is that the US overall suicide rate isn't actually significantly higher than anywhere else in the developed world.

IE While Gun availability means that Guns are the means of choice for suicides, it doesn't seem to mean that it makes suicide particularly more common.

(If you trawl through Wiki pages, It does seem to do a little bit but we are not talking orders of magnitude here, just a couple of percent variation between state to state.)

Of those that remain,

About two thirds of all US gun related, non-suicide, homicides are Black people killing one another.

White people, despite having ready access to firearms are rather more likely to beat each other to death than shoot each other than Black people. Almost all Black/Black homicides involve a firearm. Only about 70% of White/White homicides do so.

I do not claim to know why different peoples in the USA seem to behave in such different ways.

BUT,

I am confident that there are vast areas of the USA that, despite firearms being more common than i-phones, will be no more dangerous, or possibly even rather safer, than many parts of the UK.

Ascribing a "Homicide rate" to the USA and implying that it acts evenly across the entire continent and equally for all the peoples who live there is really very misleading.

Caporegime

Yeh happened last night close to where I live. Quite brutal how they all died, one was battered with a hammer and the other 3 stabbed numerous times :/.

From what I heard there was a disagreement about a payment ie could be these guys or one of them was doing some building work and didn’t get paid properly.

Think they have 2 guys in custody at the moment. The most sickening thing is a group of guys were taking videos and have now gone viral through social media. I got 3 videos from someone I know and it was pretty brutal the crime scene.

Soldato
Virginia have introduced a gun bill which reads like completely reasonable changes

And there are 1000's marching to prevent this!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51170252

Their constitution states: "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". Quite obviously these laws are designed to infringe; why is it even a surprise that they're protesting?

"Shall not be infringed" doesn't mean you can make tiny laws that slightly infringe them because they're "completely reasonable"

Back
Top Bottom