Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
nnvGtrp.jpg

Sorting through an old folder of pictures and I cant believe this was 5 years ago now.

The mx5 obviously rusted away and has been replaced by a mk2.5. The Charger was an R/T clone with a 440 and torqueflite transmission. I wish i had bought it from my dad at the time as it went cheap but i had no space to start collecting at the time.

Man of Honour
That is the used cost of one of those!

They are going new for 130K (well ~138-139 IIRC) at my nearest Mercedes dealer no idea of the spec level but they are new unless we are talking about a different car. (I'm not particularly familiar with them though so might be misunderstanding).

EDIT: I assume you mean this?

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/pas.../models/amg-gt/4-door-coupe-x290/explore.html

Starts at 140.5K from Mercedes directly.

EDIT2: Looks like they don't really go for less than 98K second hand though so doesn't hugely change the story - that is basically 40-45 hours a week minimum wage just to pay off the finance leaving you nothing over (assuming a good price and a good finance deal).

That Charger is just gorgeous.

I like that cars like that have "character" something that is missing with so many cars these days.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They are going new for 130K (well ~138-139 IIRC) at my nearest Mercedes dealer no idea of the spec level but they are new unless we are talking about a different car. (I'm not particularly familiar with them though so might be misunderstanding).

EDIT: I assume you mean this?

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/pas.../models/amg-gt/4-door-coupe-x290/explore.html

Starts at 140.5K from Mercedes directly.

EDIT2: Looks like they don't really go for less than 98K second hand though so doesn't hugely change the story - that is basically 40-45 hours a week minimum wage just to pay off the finance leaving you nothing over (assuming a good price and a good finance deal).

I like that cars like that have "character" something that is missing with so many cars these days.

Forgot to say it is the S model as well so proper quick for what it is and the s model has a premium on it. Faster than an Enzo round the ring. All while massaging your back!

Man of Honour
Forgot to say it is the S model as well so proper quick for what it is and the s model has a premium on it. Faster than an Enzo round the ring. All while massaging your back!

It is tempting sometimes, live with parents spend all money on a flash car but I think the novelty would wear off pretty quick while paying it off wouldn't hah and one big bill and it is game over really.

Man of Honour
It is tempting sometimes, live with parents spend all money on a flash car but I think the novelty would wear off pretty quick while paying it off wouldn't hah and one big bill and it is game over really.

At £10 an hour on a full time week it would take you about 7 years just to earn enough to buy the car - let alone anything else. it's simply not a credible story. Nobody is buying a £130,000 car earning £10 an hour with no external funding.

Man of Honour
At £10 an hour on a full time week it would take you about 7 years just to earn enough to buy the car - let alone anything else. it's simply not a credible story. Nobody is buying a £130,000 car earning £10 an hour with no external funding.

Unless they'd been saving for several years prior as well.

Soldato

Yea not on £10/hour for sure.

Either massive deposit or £10 hour is bs

Associate
nnvGtrp.jpg

Sorting through an old folder of pictures and I cant believe this was 5 years ago now.

The mx5 obviously rusted away and has been replaced by a mk2.5. The Charger was an R/T clone with a 440 and torqueflite transmission. I wish i had bought it from my dad at the time as it went cheap but i had no space to start collecting at the time.

A great piece of classic American muscle.
It looks hilarious parked up next to the tiny by comparison MX5

Man of Honour
Someone on sub £20k per year buying a £130k car? They couldn't even buy a £130k house!

Seems more ridiculous the more I think about it - I know some people on minimum wage upto their eyeballs paying for nice cars but thinking about it they are like half that amount.

Associate
A great piece of classic American muscle.
It looks hilarious parked up next to the tiny by comparison MX5

It really did. probably more interestingly the mx5 was a replacement for my supra. Those two parked together was very fast and furious-esque :p. It didn't occur to me at the time but i should've got Dom and Brian bumper stickers haha

xBQusBX.png

Associate
Have you managed to put many miles on it yet?

The car is sat in the garage and I've no plans to use it until at least Easter and when the roads have cleared up. The previous owner never used it over Winter and I want to keep it that way.
I keep sneaking into the garage to have a look. The interior on these is such a special place to be and with the race bucket seats it makes you feel like your in a racecar or big go-kart. Just what I wanted and sod the comfort, although I don't find them that bad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom