TV Licence Super Thread

Permabanned
The beeb have major offices in Manchester and Cardiff plus lots of other locations :confused: there's like 1000 people based in Salford.

It is London dominated though, Moving it will regenerate other areas. The website is even an example they tell us like 5% of the UK is Black ok so why use images from Getty that are always 50/50? It is like there is an black editor London doing this when they overrepresent themselves.

It should be moved to the Scottish border area...

Soldato
It is London dominated though, Moving it will regenerate other areas. The website is even an example they tell us like 5% of the UK is Black ok so why use images from Getty that are always 50/50? It is like there is an black editor London doing this when they overrepresent themselves.

It should be moved to the Scottish border area...

There are more BBC staff outside of London than there is in London.

Soldato
The beeb have major offices in Manchester and Cardiff plus lots of other locations :confused: there's like 1000 people based in Salford.

Yes, and did you see the **** storm that move caused where you had some BBC staff, including a fair few 'big names', crying like little girls because they'd have to move out of their little middle-class bubble in London and the suburbs to slum it up North with the peasants?

Permabanned
Yes, and did you see the **** storm that move caused where you had some BBC staff, including a fair few 'big names', crying like little girls because they'd have to move out of their little middle-class bubble in London and the suburbs to slum it up North with the peasants?

Notice also Cardiff and Manchester have immigrant populations this is the problem in the search for equality they created inequality where the poor white northerners miss out. This happens in a lot of sectors.

So why move them to these places? Move them to Stoke and other deprived places but i fear it would only change these places makeup rather than enhanxe and reflect them. Indeed that is where all the London councils now send thier London immigrants up to Stoke. What about moving the HQ to Northern Ireland instead? I know some deprived places that could thrive with the BBC based here, Especially the West of NI.

Soldato
Another letter, I have an exact date they are coming to visit me and prosecute me for watching TV illegally.

In tiny writing at the bottom of the letter.
May visit on that date or another and can prosecute of found to be watching TV without a license and if I don't but a license.

They really are scumbags the way they word the letters.
I was going to start returning it all to the sender with "not known at this address" even though they say legal owner.
If it's just legal occupier then they can't do anything at all.

I get letters all the time. I used to worry but now I know the truth, I just bin without opening. Only had one actual visit in last 5 years.

When I answered the buzzer I said not today and hung up.

Associate
Another letter, I have an exact date they are coming to visit me and prosecute me for watching TV illegally.

In tiny writing at the bottom of the letter.
May visit on that date or another and can prosecute of found to be watching TV without a license and if I don't but a license.

They really are scumbags the way they word the letters.
I was going to start returning it all to the sender with "not known at this address" even though they say legal owner.

I have to agree with you on the wording on the letters. Keeping in mind I'm doing nothing wrong, I can see how people get stressed receiving these letters :(

I get a letter about once a month for the past 4 months.

I'm going to stay on this train though and see what lengths they will go to, apparently there will be an investigation into my address - let's see what happens next!

"Innocent until proven guilty", these letters do not give me that impression lol.

Capodecina
Soldato
It is London dominated though, Moving it will regenerate other areas. . . .

[The BBC] should be moved to the Scottish border area...
I can't see particularly why the Scottish Border Area but certainly out of London, as should ALL broadcasters and newspapers so as not specifically to disadvantage the BBC.

Parliament should also be moved out of London, I would favour Middlesbrough or perhaps Birmingham?

Soldato
I have to agree with you on the wording on the letters. Keeping in mind I'm doing nothing wrong, I can see how people get stressed receiving these letters :(

I'm going to stay on this train though and see what lengths they will go to, apparently there will be an investigation into my address - let's see what happens next!

"Innocent until proven guilty", these letters do not give me that impression lol.
I briefly touched on this in my previous post. The wording is threatening but that's all. I've been getting the cycle of letters for years now. Every few months I get the investigation letter, then one stating someone will visit me. I've only had one goon turn up over the years. As long as the letters jeep bring addressed to legal occupier, then they can't actually do anything.

Soldato
I can't see particularly why the Scottish Border Area but certainly out of London, as should ALL broadcasters and newspapers so as not specifically to disadvantage the BBC.

Parliament should also be moved out of London, I would favour Middlesbrough or perhaps Birmingham?

Maybe more central, and stop the second home expenses, i'd have thought it would be cheaper to have a kind of MP hotel, rather than them all owning a second home.

Capodecina
Soldato
Maybe more central, and stop the second home expenses, i'd have thought it would be cheaper to have a kind of MP hotel, rather than them all owning a second home.
Have you spent much time living in Hotels?
Did it make you feel well-adjusted, and in-touch with real life and the wider public?
An MP Hotel would be an absolute disaster.

Unfortunately, the idea of 2nd homes (even temporary) is pretty much unavoidable, preferably anonymously rented from (but not "managed" by) Estate Agents in the private sector. I accept that in place of the "Westminster Bubble" you would probably end up with the "Birmingham Bubble" or something of that sort but it would be a huge improvement over the detached, elitist situation we have now.

ps - they could also have slow Broadband and TV from an aerial, falling off the roof ;)

Soldato
Have you spent much time living in Hotels?
Did it make you feel well-adjusted, and in-touch with real life and the wider public?
An MP Hotel would be an absolute disaster.

Unfortunately, the idea of 2nd homes (even temporary) is pretty much unavoidable, preferably anonymously rented from (but not "managed" by) Estate Agents in the private sector. I accept that in place of the "Westminster Bubble" you would probably end up with the "Birmingham Bubble" or something of that sort but it would be a huge improvement over the detached, elitist situation we have now.

ps - they could also have slow Broadband and TV from an aerial, falling off the roof ;)
I was envisaging a hotel where they only let MPS stay and they have a permanent room.

Soldato
So a block of flats. But OFC it should still be bound by the rule that says 10% of it has to be social housing. See how they like having chavs forced on them :D

Soldato

yes when i decided to perfectly legally stop watching BBC, i got the letter.
are they being addressed to you by name at the moment?
they will send someone to knock on your door, and as long as you don't answer or speak to them at all, your letter will then change to 'to the occupier' rather than your name

i hope when this review comes they either move to subscription or the laws are relaxed and they stop threatening people with £5k fines and prison

Caporegime
Dissapointed

Had the 'we are going to visit you on x date' and no one came round.

Had a few new letters this cycle. Including a nice yellow one.

Caporegime
I briefly touched on this in my previous post. The wording is threatening but that's all. I've been getting the cycle of letters for years now. Every few months I get the investigation letter, then one stating someone will visit me. I've only had one goon turn up over the years. As long as the letters jeep bring addressed to legal occupier, then they can't actually do anything.

Yeah it just goes round and round.
Get a reminder, then gets more threatening, get some coloured letters and then a visit.

Then resets

Back
Top Bottom