• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Vs. Nvidia Image Quality - Old man yells at cloud

Man of Honour
Wish more people who preferred one side or the other were more like this. I see so much bias on this forum it is unreal, people struggle to be objective. Some are so gone that when proven wrong they disappear for a while and then come back banging on about the same thing again like nothing happened. Lol.

I would love to be able to do proper justice to any testing but lets be honest i'm never going to convince people one way or another. On a different machine, different screen the colours can be vastly different. When you put everything out to the same screen even from different machines it seems to narrow that step change a little so it's harder to discern, it's still there and there is a minor difference to default colours (which is a preference thing). In game though, you are looking for pixel differences in things like tree branches or a traffic sign or something and in game where your moving around and immersed a pixel difference here and there isn't going to all of a sudden break the experience or immersion.

I still think AMD offer up "something" that I like and that overall I prefer their default presentation but if it is any more "correct" than an nvidia or intel presentation I literally have no idea and I am not even entirely sure it matters.

Soldato
They don't talk about image quality. It's a taboo topic.

2.png

DLSS bad image quality?! https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/301925/dlss-bad-image-quality/

You are a complete waste of forum space. People have been complaining about DLSS image quality, it has been reported by several Tech Websites. Like this one

https://www.techspot.com/article/1794-nvidia-rtx-dlss-battlefield/

Nvidia even responded to the articles

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-promises-to-improve-image-quality-issues-with-dlss.html

More clueless nonsense from you. You know the links you posted are about the Nvidia Shield? But, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't. You really nothing.

So, yet again you score an own goal. You have proved that you have no understanding of the topic at hand or the links that you post and that you haven't got that intelligence to figure that out.

But don't worry, I will explain it to you. You tried to make it sound like Tech sites don't discuss image quality because it's taboo. But, the fact is they do. They came down really hard on DLSS image quality, so much so that Nvidia issued a statement and a promise to do better.

I hope you are following this so far. Now the next step.

We know, because we have just proved it, that Tech Sites come down hard on image quality issues. They do report it. That's a fact.

Yet, not one of them has reported on this massive quality difference that you see between AMD and Nvidia.

Have you ever considered that maybe the image quality difference that you see is because one of your laptops is 10 years older than the other one?

Man of Honour
We know, because we have just proved it, that Tech Sites come down hard on image quality issues. They do report it. That's a fact.

Yet, not one of them has reported on this massive quality difference that you see between AMD and Nvidia.

Yeah many of the tech sites were straight away on DLSS issues - they wouldn't pass up a chance to leverage such a difference in quality if it existed for some exposure.

Soldato
If you read the comments on that video most are people saying they noticed a difference when switching in favour of AMD. It's just the colours people seem to prefer. I feel the same Nvidia just looks worse colour wise but i don't think they are missing detail.

Soldato
Probably already posted but conclusion was no difference bar minor profile colour.

Why is the image on the AMD card blurry?

People probably favour vibrant colours over colour accuracy. Hard to prove what is more accurate though...

No it's not, it's science and you can easily measure which image is more accurate. What you cannot measure is why some people will say they like inaccurate images (these people are wrong and should feel ashamed)

https://www.amazon.com/Datacolor-Spyderx-Elite-Professional-Photographers/dp/B0076A620Y

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You are a complete waste of forum space. People have been complaining about DLSS image quality, it has been reported by several Tech Websites. Like this one

https://www.techspot.com/article/1794-nvidia-rtx-dlss-battlefield/

Nvidia even responded to the articles

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-promises-to-improve-image-quality-issues-with-dlss.html

More clueless nonsense from you. You know the links you posted are about the Nvidia Shield? But, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't. You really nothing.

So, yet again you score an own goal. You have proved that you have no understanding of the topic at hand or the links that you post and that you haven't got that intelligence to figure that out.

But don't worry, I will explain it to you. You tried to make it sound like Tech sites don't discuss image quality because it's taboo. But, the fact is they do. They came down really hard on DLSS image quality, so much so that Nvidia issued a statement and a promise to do better.

I hope you are following this so far. Now the next step.

Have you ever considered that maybe the image quality difference that you see is because one of your laptops is 10 years older than the other one?
I see he got to you and you was you was unable to resist :p

You are wasting your time though. He will disappear for a while, come back and post the same rubbish again like nothing happened. He is either someone’s alt troll account or someone that is suffering from mental issues (probably does not know that he is).

Caporegime
theirs some serious malakite coming from this guy but is really funny to read brightens my day right up lol:D:D
Mate, I really enjoy it and he has now brought NVidia's shield in to defend his way of thinking. DLSS wasn't great from the off and it did look like vaseline had been wiped on the screen at times but since then, NVidia have got on top of it and it is much much better. I genuinely look forward to what he is going to post next and unlike Melmac and TNA, I have no chance of 'resisting' :D

Permabanned
Why is the image on the AMD card blurry?

To me, it looks like nvidia has a permanent DLSS-type filtering enabled on their rendering. God knows how many percentage performance improvement they gain with the lowered texture quality.
What if RX 5700 XT is equal to RTX 2080 Ti under equal rendering conditions?

Man of Honour
To me, it looks like nvidia has a permanent DLSS-type filtering enabled on their rendering. God knows how many percentage performance improvement they gain with the lowered texture quality.
What if RX 5700 XT is equal to RTX 2080 Ti under equal rendering conditions?

Dude you need to stop talking rubbish, there is no dlss type filtering or really any difference in what is rendered. Ive sat there for an entire day looking for tiny details and there really isnt this massive difference you are trying to convince everybody there is. The one difference i did find turned out to be an issue with loading a game.

If you want to prove this why not go out and buy what you need to make a proper effort of it rather than reusing what somebody else is telling you. I think you might have lost track of what point you are trying to make as the one above is total guff. What is that top game?

It appears to me that you are happy to accept any evidence that supports your claim but in the real world with real hardware at your side to test I bet you would find very little.

Back
Top Bottom