4k 60hz HDMI 10m and pc gaming on tv

Associate
Hello,

I wasn't sure where to post this I noticed the following issue:

I got a supposedly 4k 60hz HDMI 10m cable from elsewhere, and while playing games from pc to tv on 4k sometimes it goes blank for a second and then works fine, to happen again later on, or throws some artifacts instantly and they dissapear. Tried this on Witcher 3 and Shadow of the Tomb raider.

The above happens only with the 10m cable, I moved the pc next to the tv and used the Switch cable and worked fine on 4k 60hz! Originally i thought it was the gpu, but since i have 2 Vegas, i tried both on the top vga slot and same things happened.

Basically I have my pc in another room and trying to connect it to the tv which is same floor across the hallway. Must be like 8ish meters if not 9 from hdmi port to hdmi port hence i cannot go lower amount of meters.

What can I do, are hdmi cables of that length crap? Whats the point in saying they support 60hz if they don't. Ill try to send it back but it doesn't solve my issue, I will have to try another cable from someone else i guess.

Associate
OP
I read about them, and the costs is 4x or 10x depending again.
I contacted the seller and said they will send me a different brand and to dispose of the faulty cable or keep it for non intensive usage. I mean it worked fine for watching movies in 4k just not the games. I don't have high hopes with the new cable coming in, in which case i will consider an hdmi repeater or possibly the Fibre optic cable.

Soldato
You may have better luck with a different brand of cable because as i have found not all HDMI cables are equal. a repeater or fibre optic cable may be your only other alternative.

It cost £42 for a 10m Fibre optic HDMI cable which personally i don't fine overly expensive.

Associate
OP
You may have better luck with a different brand of cable because as i have found not all HDMI cables are equal. a repeater or fibre optic cable may be your only other alternative.

It cost £42 for a 10m Fibre optic HDMI cable which personally i don't fine overly expensive.
True, but I have been reading people have issues even with fibre hdmi cables and I would be dissappointed if this happened with that cable.

Thing is this is the 3rd cable i am trying the first was a 15meter one from old work, then a new one i ordered for 10meters and now the replacement so fingers crossed. If I had to pay for all 3 then I would have gotten the fibre and possibly thats what i will try next if the 3ds cable doesn't work. I just want to play the occassional couch game as the tv is better for gamepad gaming than my 34inch monitor.

Associate
OP
Maybe 3rd time lucky then,report back if it works or not.:)
I will report for sure. Good thing is at least they acknoledged it and didn't even dispute, they are just sending a different brand cable. Lets see. For now beastly pc is sitting next to tv, almost broke my back from moving it must weigh around 30kg...

Back
Top Bottom