Selfishness

Soldato
OP
All sorted - she apologised and took some for lunch and having my leftovers later.

As usual GD delivers. “Ditch her” “poo in letterbox” “ovary punch” “lasagne punch” etc. etc. :D

Man of Honour
All sorted - she apologised and took some for lunch and having my leftovers later.

As usual GD delivers. “Ditch her” “poo in letterbox” “ovary punch” “lasagne punch” etc. etc. :D

You fool, you compromised and she won. Amateur.

What you should have done is stuck to your guns and eaten every last bit in front of her, even licking the plate at the end for dramatic effect.

Soldato
Answer 1. Depends on how good the sexy time is.

Answer 2. Bale now, if your arguing about stuff like this then 2 kids and everything that goes with it won't make it better. She doesn't sound like she's contributing enough to the home and entitled to more, you sound like you are annoyed about it.

Caporegime
That wage disparity is about the same as me and my Wife.

She pays:

40% of the rent
50% of the pet insurance
Half the food bills (inc dog food)
Half the Sky TV

I pay
60% of the rent
50% of the pet insurance
Half the food bills
Half the Sky TV
TV Licence
Gas/Electric
Broadband
Water
Contents Insurance
My Car + Petrol (she doesn't drive though)
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Spotify

It's about pro-rata.

Soldato
I find it strange that you feel its fine to tell your girlfriend no and not be upset when called out on that behaviour. If she's apologised so should you, seems to be a lack of respect going both ways.

A relationship is about compromise, just like you seem to have eventually come to after being upset.

Associate

She pays:

40% of the rent
50% of the pet insurance
Half the Sky TV

I pay
60% of the rent
50% of the pet insurance
Half the food bills
Half the Sky TV
TV Licence
Gas/Electric
Broadband
Water
Contents Insurance
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Spotify

It's about pro-rata.

You’re married and you split bills this way?

I earn nearly 3 times what my wife earns, both salaries go in to a joint account and we save the surplus... I couldn’t imagine splitting bills this way!

Soldato

She pays:

40% of the rent
50% of the pet insurance
Half the Sky TV

I pay
60% of the rent
50% of the pet insurance
Half the food bills
Half the Sky TV
TV Licence
Gas/Electric
Broadband
Water
Contents Insurance
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Spotify

It's about pro-rata.

Is all your left over money yours then?

Soldato
We went to M&S where I spent £16 on dinner. She asked if she could take leftovers for lunch to which I said no as planned to have tomorrow for both our dinners instead of spending more money. I then got called selfish
Did you still have your Apple™ Airpods in? Pretty sure she said she'd prefer shellfish...

Why would you even have leftovers, anyway? If you have those, your meal clearly isn't good enough.

Can't imagine times are that tight if you're shopping at M&S for your dinner
Oh, it happens easily enough - We've had to do that sort of thing a few times ourselves... Once, I even forgot how many crew my superyacht requires and accidentally hired twice the number, including a pair of captains. For a whole week, we had to restrict our dining to places with only two Michelin stars!!

Man of Honour
Depends on overtime but ~2.5x. She needs to clear an overdraft and it was my idea her contributing to food instead of going down any rental/bills agreement type path
So in effect you're clearing her overdraft by contributing disproportionately more. There's nothing wrong with that of course, especially if you think this will be a very long term relationship. But you should be aware of what you're doing in case you do split up shorter term.

Soldato
You’re married and you split bills this way?

I earn nearly 3 times what my wife earns, both salaries go in to a joint account and we save the surplus... I couldn’t imagine splitting bills this way!

My wife works part time to enable her to drop our daughter at school and be there to pick her up in the afternoon. She gets 3 days off a week, and she's an utter hero for the graft she puts in to cook, clean and bond our family together.

Like you, we pool our funds and make joint decisions on what the surplus gets spent on. I couldn't care less what the spend ratio is, you couldn't put a price on what a wife and mother does.

I can't imagine squabbling with her over food. I can only assume that people doing that aren't married with kids?

Soldato
My wife works part time to enable her to drop our daughter at school and be there to pick her up in the afternoon. She gets 3 days off a week, and she's an utter hero for the graft she puts in to cook, clean and bond our family together.

Like you, we pool our funds and make joint decisions on what the surplus gets spent on. I couldn't care less what the spend ratio is, you couldn't put a price on what a wife and mother does.

I can't imagine squabbling with her over food. I can only assume that people doing that aren't married with kids?

She's looking over your shoulder as you type isn't she?

Man of Honour
When the woman who is now my wife and I first got together, circa 1981 - 1982, I was driving a Black Cab, she was a cashier in a betting shop.
I have no idea what she earned, but I was certainly pulling down bundles compared to her, so I said that I’d pay every bill that came into the mailbox, mortgage, rates, (as it was prior to Community Charge), household insurance, phone, gas, any utility, servicing her car, taxing and insuring her car, holidays, whatever, and she’d do the weekly shop, and pay for it.
We still do it that way, even though I retired in 2012, it suits me, I’ve got no complaints.

Associate

Same here with me and my wife. Everything earned goes into the shared account. Everything gets paid from the shared account (including transfers to savings). We both use the surplus as we see fit, and trust that the other isn't going to go on a mad spending spree without talking about it first.

Back
Top Bottom