The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
Thought this would be the best place to ask,

Anyone ever had a situation with a woman where for whatever reason out of the blue you both just lock eyes for what seems forever, and it seems like the whole world outside of those locked eyes has paused?

I've experienced this with the same woman colleague on a good 3 occasions now,
I ain’t going to lie I do like her, I know she's in a relationship though, I'm not.. but yeah for someone that isn't the best confidence wise, I have felt totally relaxed when this happens neither of us look down or anything during the break away from it.

What's your guys view on this is, Is it blatantly obvious why? One of those situations where my head just wants to explode lol.

Soldato
Oh don't get me wrong guy's I have no intention of perusing anything,I'm single and enjoy been single, just one of those things that makes u think, what's doing on lol, especially when you've never really had this before.

Soldato
Are men on here so conditioned they no longer compete over women? Unless they're married or have kids with someone then it's fair game if you actually like her and could see her as a girlfriend. Most decent women will have a boyfriend, it doesn't mean they're happy with them. Also when she leaves her boyfriend for someone that's not you, you'll feel pretty stupid.

Soldato
Thought this would be the best place to ask,

Anyone ever had a situation with a woman where for whatever reason out of the blue you both just lock eyes for what seems forever, and it seems like the whole world outside of those locked eyes has paused?

I've experienced this with the same woman colleague on a good 3 occasions now,
I ain’t going to lie I do like her, I know she's in a relationship though, I'm not.. but yeah for someone that isn't the best confidence wise, I have felt totally relaxed when this happens neither of us look down or anything during the break away from it.

What's your guys view on this is, Is it blatantly obvious why? One of those situations where my head just wants to explode lol.

How do you know she feels the same way and you're not just reading something into it that isn't there? Making unwelcome moves on a work colleague is a minefield nowadays.

Soldato
Are men on here so conditioned they no longer compete over women? Unless they're married or have kids with someone then it's fair game if you actually like her and could see her as a girlfriend. Most decent women will have a boyfriend, it doesn't mean they're happy with them. Also when she leaves her boyfriend for someone that's not you, you'll feel pretty stupid.

Because it leads to a lot of tears and drama.

Soldato
Because it leads to a lot of tears and drama.

On the other hand you can miss out on someone you really like because some other guy happened to meet her first. I think some of you are just projecting and just dislike the idea of someone trying it on with your girlfriend. Men compete for women, deal with it.

Caporegime
and when they leave you for someone else, you'll feel pretty stupid

Most decent women won't leave their boyfriend because someone else came along that they fancied.

some people get bored in a relationship once the novelty period wears off, they chase this feeling until they finally realise it's not something that lasts or they are to old and their looks have faded so finally settle with what they have or stay single...

Soldato
On the other hand you can miss out on someone you really like because some other guy happened to meet her first. I think some of you are just projecting and just dislike the idea of someone trying it on with your girlfriend. Men compete for women, deal with it.

Speaking from experience it doesn't end well. I have no doubt some do, but chasing someone you also work with is asking for trouble.

I wonder if you've gone after a girl who was in the middle of a previous relationship and didn't have any issue of trust later down the line, not to mention the drama that usually comes with it.

Man of Honour
In that case why does being married or having kids make a difference?

Soldato
Most decent women won't leave their boyfriend because someone else came along that they fancied.

Do you not think that good people sometimes find someone new and eventually build up the courage to end their unhappy relationship and move on?

Speaking from experience it doesn't end well. I have no doubt some do, but chasing someone you also work with is asking for trouble.

I wonder if you've gone after a girl who was in the middle of a previous relationship and didn't have any issue of trust later down the line, not to mention the drama that usually comes with it.

Most relationships don't end well whatever the circumstances. What even is ending well? Dying together after being married for 40 years, how often does that happen these days? How many of those relationships should've ended 25 years earlier as their was zero romance? Quite a few I bet.

I've gone after lots of girls, I don't have trust issues, there's plenty of signs to spot when a girl is cheating so it's not like you actually have to worry about it - it'll be obvious.

Soldato
This alpha male approach to women and dating is really starting to grate on me, while confidence is a good thing and presenting yourself in the best possible (truthful) light while dating is no bad thing. It shouldn't take a back seat to being a generally decent human being!

A girl being in a relationship should be a clear indication to leave it alone, not seen as a challenge. You might be an absolute stud when it comes to women, might know all the techniques in getting exactly the outcome you desire. But if you're doing so with the intention of causing harm or regardless of the fall out because you just don't care then you're pretty abhorrent.

If a girl doesn't tell you she's in a relationship that's on her and to be honest do you really want to be with someone who is able to cheat and has form doing so? I know I sure as hell wouldn't!

Soldato
This alpha male approach to women and dating is really starting to grate on me, while confidence is a good thing and presenting yourself in the best possible (truthful) light while dating is no bad thing. It shouldn't take a back seat to being a generally decent human being!

A girl being in a relationship should be a clear indication to leave it alone, not seen as a challenge. You might be an absolute stud when it comes to women, might know all the techniques in getting exactly the outcome you desire. But if you're doing so with the intention of causing harm or regardless of the fall out because you just don't care then you're pretty abhorrent.

If a girl doesn't tell you she's in a relationship that's on her and to be honest do you really want to be with someone who is able to cheat and has form doing so? I know I sure as hell wouldn't!

I did caveat my original statement with only going after a girl if you really like her, but to be honest the only people responsible for maintaining a relationship are the two people actually in it. If I got cheated on I'm not going to blame the guy, he doesn't owe me anything, the girl did if she agreed to be in a relationship with me.

Back
Top Bottom