• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Rumour has it that there is another Uncharted in the works, but with different characters, with some old characters making cameos.
I suppose with the ending of 4 where hes retired, you can't do another. I didn't mind the spin off one TBH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
More footage from Godfall
GiddyBonyCrocodileskink-size_restricted.gif

EagerOldfashionedCobra-size_restricted.gif

WanThriftyIndianhare-size_restricted.gif

The full trailer got leaked

Soldato

Meh. I cant really see anything special there to be honest. Perhaps because it isnt my type of game though. Just seems like a souls/for honor/surge type clone?

In general it feels like game development is stagnant. Like every new generation game releases are just more of the same but with a few more graphical bells and whistles.

Id love some new IP to blow me away come PS5 release. Id love for a game to have me so stoked I actually got excited over a new release for a change. Not because it is a remake of a beloved title that holds a nostalgic charm. But because its new, raw, original, exciting and dare I say it, ground breaking!

I suppose I can live in hope! :cool:

Soldato
Meh. I cant really see anything special there to be honest. Perhaps because it isnt my type of game though. Just seems like a souls/for honor/surge type clone?

In general it feels like game development is stagnant. Like every new generation game releases are just more of the same but with a few more graphical bells and whistles.

Id love some new IP to blow me away come PS5 release. Id love for a game to have me so stoked I actually got excited over a new release for a change. Not because it is a remake of a beloved title that holds a nostalgic charm. But because its new, raw, original, exciting and dare I say it, ground breaking!

I suppose I can live in hope! :cool:

There are loads of great new/unusual games out there, you just need to (largely) step away from the AAAs. Off the top of my head - Death Stranding, Hyper Light Drifter, Obra Dinn, Life Is Strange series, Detroit Become Human, Divinity Original Sin series - are all relatively recent games which stepped away from the norm, tried something unusual and were exceptionally good.

Soldato

Yeah, that was my first thought. Looks like a PS4 Pro title.

Honestly, I'm not sure we'll see the usual next generation leaps in performance we're used to as we've already had mid life 4K updates for both current gen systems. I'm somewhat skeptical of just how much of a jump they can make over a console released only 3 years ago.

I suspect Sony will struggle to wow anyone with graphical upgrades alone this time.

Soldato
it's easy to mis-remember what games look like when they're not in front of you (cue as a reminder the thousand of "omg BL3 looks just like BL2"). but rest assured, no souls-like game looks that good on ps4 pro today. the sheer amount of detail is much higher than what you can see on ps4 pro, and closer to these games' PC max version (esp for fallen order). and also gonna be 60 fps & without the streaming issues (like the zonal transitions in FO).

Soldato
i think that will come back to bite you on the bum in time. I expect Naughty Dog and Guerrilla to knock our socks off once again.

Just look back a few years ago - and remember what Naughty Dog accomplished with a 1.9TF console by giving us Uncharted 4.

Soldato
And UC Lost Legacy was even better!
That's the power of exclusives though,y I remember (and this could be rose tinted glasses) mgs4 looking good as well as god of war (I think the 3rd one) on ps3. I recently played mgs2 on Xbox and that not aged badly (apart from the horrific controls).

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
PS5 500 GB black - Price: 449.75 €
PS5 500 GB white - Price: 449.75 €
PS5 500 GB special edition - Price: € 449.75
PS5 1 TB black - Price: 499.75 €
PS5 1 TB white - Price: € 499.75
Three different DualShock 5 - Unit price: € 59.89

https://gamergen.com/actualites/rum...et-divers-coloris-lancement-europeen-308759-1
I remember everyone coming down on me hard when I suggested that the minimum will be 500gb so they give people the option at a lower price point. If this is true then it seems I was right ;)

I knew it would be that way because they are going SSD. If it was HDD the minimum may have even been 2TB.

Soldato
The usual rumour warning applies, but even if it were true, you'd be mad not to spend the extra €50. 500GB would be a really poor offering and the claims of custom SSD designs and near-instant load times will mean nothing if people end up having to have a USB HDD attached for to hold the bulk of their games. Even 1TB isn't particularly generous and could be enough to put me off buying one at launch if options for expansion/upgrade are limited.

Back
Top Bottom