Escape from Tarkov

Associate
Anyone have some decent equalizer APO settings with peace they are using? Currently using k702's looking to try and hear the footsteps that much better

Just use the in game Sordin headset rather than trying to mess with EQ etc. They compress the signal and thus bring up the volume of the quieter sounds such as footsteps.

The quality of your real life headphones won't make much difference imo, i have Audeze LCD3s and K702's and have noticed no benefit to using them over my cheap £100 steel series headset.

Associate
how does this compare to pubg?

I have really enjoyed playing pubg, but wanting more and less cheaters

There is no comparison, the two games are miles apart and have nothing in common beyond being shooters.

This is very slow paced, way more punishing, a lot more tactical and has simulation based gunplay/movement etc

It's closer to Arma 3 than it is to something like PUBG.

Think Metro/Stalker meets DayZ. Don't let the mention of DayZ put you off though, i only mention it because it gives you the same kind of buzz you get when you kill a player in that.... everything about the game is vastly superior to DayZ.

Soldato
as above - having put 1000+ hours into PUBG - this is totally different game.

Brutally tough to start with, poor weapons, ammo etc - you will loose almost every time.....but as you progress, get better loot/money/ammo etc - it's amazing.

Totally hooked.

Soldato
I am having a hard time with quests, getting the briefcase from the customs office is hard enough but to leave it in factory and escape alive is beyond me at the moment :(.

Missed an extraction by a second :( so sad has great loot.

Soldato
I am having a hard time with quests, getting the briefcase from the customs office is hard enough but to leave it in factory and escape alive is beyond me at the moment :(.

Missed an extraction by a second :( so sad has great loot.

you’re lucky you’ve even got that far. I’ve still not got Crapor the scrubby pocket watch he’s whining about needing.

Soldato
I knife run crackwhores pocket watch. Easiest way in my opinion too many times I went to the truck to find it gone risking a load of gear.
That watch is always there, if you have the quest it's client side based so you're able to get it no matter if someone has already taken it. Same with the folders/GPU shipment etc.

Soldato
So what's the whole idea? Is it story based this game with an always online element to it?

Can someone explain please? I haven't watched a whole amount of gameplay yet but curious before i watch more.

Man of Honour
So what's the whole idea? Is it story based this game with an always online element to it?

Can someone explain please? I haven't watched a whole amount of gameplay yet but curious before i watch more.

No real story, my missus perhaps described it best when she said it reminded her of a standalone version of the Dark Zone from Division 2, which is something I hadn't even thought of before she said it but thinking on it, it is a pretty good comparison

Soldato
Tell me about it ! I bought the game on Friday evening and promptly did 31 hours on it over the weekend, just couldn't put it down !

On the verge of hitting 200 hours, that doesn't include the hundred or so I put in prior to patch 0.12 though.

I'll be on tonight I need a rest from Don! can't handle him screaming at me anymore because I didn't land on the house next to him in Pubg.

Get him on Tarkov...think it could be epic :D

Soldato
Haha thanks but I've not played Div 2 :D

Its a weird one, but addictive as hell. Starts out as a busy Dayz with terrible weapons over 30-40 minute small maps but with a big resource gathering element - you need to be avoiding everyone at this stage and using hail mary type weapons. The hook is basically building up your stash, selling stuff you manage to get out with and buying some half decent weps, learning the maps (theres a no risk offline element in the beta) etc. Early stage is trying to figure out survivable loot runs, getting your character to 5 so you can access the fleamarket auction house. Thats another game trying to snipe decent deals and selling them on for cash but I would say the auction house is messed up at the sniping level, theres talk of bots and adjusting your system clock etc. so a bit pointless in my opinion at the moment. Throughout this there is another aspect of accessing your 'every 20 minutes' scav run - basically taking over an NPC with bloody awful weapons and armour (and sometimes nerve wrackingly good stuff) and trying to grab as much stuff as poss and get out for cash without being shot by well armed players or other looting scavs. theres a hilarious sub game of tetris as you try to make everything fit in your stash, forcing you to decide what to keep and what to sell, and learning the value of stuff like a chocolate bar (valuable) and how everything fits is fun as well - theres lots of items but they all seem to do something, chocolate bars make sugar make alcohol etc. Once you have a bit of cash you can start upgrading your hideout for bonuses - kind of a build a decent dwelling element for bonuses and crafting - and start thinking about levelling your main character. Thats when the quests kick in. This is as far as i am at, but my list of things to do is getting bigger. Lots of fun as long as you can survive the 'for gods sake thats the fourth time in a row ive lost all my stuff to someone i didnt even see' quitting moments.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had about an hour of absolute butt clenching hell last night. I was running solo as PMC on Interchange to get a manifest as part of a quest. There are three to collect in total but had intended to get one per run across three runs.

I get the first easily with no contact despite sprinting and making loads of noise so think, may as well go for the second. It's in the Idea office. As i approach I hear scavs so take care of them with my suppressed AKM easily. This is when things go mad, they keep coming at me, keep spawning, drop about 8 of them. There is also another PMC duo that promptly gets rinsed by the scavs. I've taken a few hits so med up and heal blacked out limbs over a few minutes.

Get bored of waiting, spring into Idea office for the other manifest and there are about 7 bodies in there. Get the manifest, YOLO sprint out for emercom and extract.

Now...you should always turn in quest items before going for another PMC run right...nope, forgot to do that and reload into Customs just for some random action before i call it a night. I spawn in the trailer/storage area and get attacked by a 3 man PMC, kill two of them, run around the corner and heal. The third gets killed by scavs so I make my way over to the bodies, again, dropping about 6 scavs on the way to them.

This is when I realise I still have manifests on me from Interchange, get nervous, check extract, other side of map, ZB1011. Make my way over carefully, come close to dorms, remember i've got another quest in there to do, only 10 minutes left on raid so decide to chance it. As I approach the fire escape, a guy bolts out, we both see each other, freeze a second then open fire. He does the whole strafe left right thing while on full auto, I just crouch and pop 3 shots, he blacks four of my limbs and down to about 50 health as I head shot him.

What follows was about 5 minutes of cms, painkillers, IFAK then me again yolo'ing into dorms, grabbing the quest item as I have 3 minutes to get to ZB1011. Just beeline straight across the map, shots left and right and hit the extract with 20 seconds to spare.

The most exciting and scary solo runs i've had to date.

------------------------
TL;DR - turn in your quest items after every raid!!!!

Soldato
That watch is always there, if you have the quest it's client side based so you're able to get it no matter if someone has already taken it. Same with the folders/GPU shipment etc.

I didn’t realise that. Quite a few times I turned up to the truck with an open door and nothing inside. I assumed I had been beaten to it.

Back
Top Bottom