tp-link 300mbps wireless n dapter

Associate
Hello

Im thinking of upgrading to a SSD hardrive soon and gonna format it and fresh install Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1.

When I format it and install Windows will my internet work or do I need driver for it to work?

I have a tp-link 300mbps wireless n adapter. Heres a link to it .

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/pci-adapter/tl-wn851nd/

A computer shop fitted it so do not have the driver CD.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It will probably need the driver. If you don't have any other network connection such as ethernet then I suggest downloading the driver from the tplink site and put it on a usb drive. That way you can install it after installing windows.

Man of Honour
I don't know. You will have to confirm the exact model in your current windows system. I am really Linux user nowadays but from memory I think you may be able to get the exact model from Windows by looking in the device manager.

Associate
OP
If the driver doesn't work after I reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate I could buy a USB wireless adapter from Currys PC World for around 10-15 pounds.

Suspended
Why bother with unsupported W7. Just get a Windows 10 professional key for £10 - £15. As an aside, it will certainly have a WiFi driver built in allowing you to get the correct TP Link driver should you wish

Back
Top Bottom