Poll: *** The All New Windows AV Thread - Keep All AV Questions in Here ***

What AV do you use?

• Total voters
Soldato
I honestly don't think its needed anymore if you're not stupid, I just run defender and have never had a single problem, out of curiosity I'll run a scan every 6 months and nothing.

Soldato
Can someone recommend me either the best free or best low cost licence AV solution please?

I honestly don't think its needed anymore if you're not stupid, I just run defender and have never had a single problem, out of curiosity I'll run a scan every 6 months and nothing.

I forgot to mention that this isn't for me, but for a family friend who is just your typical everyday user. Just need something that'll run automatically in the background ideally.

Soldato

Depends what you need, some third party AVs have lighter resources then Defender ie less ram, cpu usage , better virus detection etc, personally I use Bitdefender Free version which IMHO is better then Defender.

Soldato
I use Bitdefender Free version which is lighter on resources then Defender ,no advertising and has great detection rate ( one of the best).

Gamer here too :)

Capodecina
Soldato
No, they do a free version which has no time limit.
I can't say I am impressed by BitDefender; I tried the 30-day evaluation and so far as I can see, there is little opportunity to determine what should happen when a "suspect" file is detected and I can see no report on the actions taken by the software. I am sure that it is all there, just not obvious.

I think that like the Russian Kaspersky, I will forget the Romanian BitDefender.

Back
Top Bottom